Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer won't control lights through Pixie controller

GarnerLights

From my last post, I was able to figure out how to control a spotlight through the Sequencer (iDMX-1000) by changing from a LOR enhanced network to a standard network, but now I cannot control my HolidayCoro pixel snowflake.  I have it connected to my Surface Pro X via a Pixie16D (2nd gen) connected to a USB-485B adapter from LOR.  I have tested out the snowflake via the Hardware Utility, and it works just fine, and I can control all the pixels.  But when trying to control it via the Sequencer, it just doesn't work.  Before switching to the Surface, I used to use a MacBook Pro running Boot Camp and it worked just fine, but after switching, it will no longer function correctly.  Is there a setting in the sequencer I need to change?  I have Control Lights on, Control Panel/Comm Listener running, and I've verified that the Network preferences are configured correctly.  I doubt it's a hardware problem because the spotlight would control properly, and the hardware utility and identify the Pixie controller.

The pixie requires a high speed, enhanced network. If the pixie is on the same network as the flood then it won't work on a standard network.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, Mr. P said:

The pixie requires a high speed, enhanced network. If the pixie is on the same network as the flood then it won't work on a standard network.

Forgot to mention that I have two different networks, non-enhanced for the spotlight, enhanced for the Pixie

Can you post your network speeds and the Unit ID's for your controllers? If it works when testing in the HU then it is usually a config problem.

Edited by Mr. P

On 2/10/2022 at 7:03 AM, Mr. P said:

Can you post your network speeds and the Unit ID's for your controllers? If it works when testing in the HU then it is usually a config problem.

The snowflake is on Comm 5 with a regular config, speed of 57.6K, and enhanced.  The Unit ID that I use in HU (that works) is the same I use in sequencer - 0A.

If you need anything else or if I missed something, I'll be happy to provide.

44 minutes ago, GarnerLights said:

The snowflake is on Comm 5 with a regular config, speed of 57.6K, and enhanced.  The Unit ID that I use in HU (that works) is the same I use in sequencer - 0A.

If you need anything else or if I missed something, I'll be happy to provide.

If the snowflake is controlled by the Pixie16 then you will need to up the network speed to at least 500k as Pixies require a high speed netwrk and 57.6k is not high speed. Know that the Pixie16 will use Unit ID's 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 since you started at 0A. Each port will use one Unit ID so verify that is how you have it programmed in the sequencer.

Edited by Mr. P

On 2/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, Mr. P said:

If the snowflake is controlled by the Pixie16 then you will need to up the network speed to at least 500k as Pixies require a high speed netwrk and 57.6k is not high speed. Know that the Pixie16 will use Unit ID's 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 since you started at 0A. Each port will use one Unit ID so verify that is how you have it programmed in the sequencer.

I have changed the network speed, but the snowflake still won't be controlled by the Sequencer.  I attached the Sequencer config for the snowflake below.

577067642_Screenshot2022-02-13124859.thumb.png.1fd6f68a8b0ac842937b3d2a00f6c86d.png

What port of the Pixie controller is the snowflake plugged into?

And confirm that the Pixie is plugged into the Regular network and your spotlight is plugged into an Aux network?
Lastly, which size snowflake is this (or how many pixels are on it)?

Edited by k6ccc