Light-O-Rama Forums

Import S4 sequence help

coronabob

I have jumped into S5 and have created a preview. I didn't have a visualizer file in S4, so I created the preview. I imported one sequence and have started putting the elements into the preview. All of my AC controllers work as intended in the preview. They play etc. My issue is the CCRs that I have in the sequence. I cannot make this work. I have a 12 ribbon tree and I select one as a prop and put in my controller numbers, but that doesn't work. I dumped that. I have 4 hoops that are also the older versions of ccrs. Put one in and cannot make it show either. I also notice that the pixel order is mixed up on them.

Can I convert (import) the ccrs into the preview or do I need to dump them and start over. I have searched all over the forum, used the luminosity videos and just can't figure it out.

Importing the CCRs should be no different than the rest of your channels.  First of all, when you say that they don't work, do you mean that they don't work in the sequencer, or when trying to control actual lights?

I can't see them run in the preview. When I look at prop list it is there and I can see them in the preview when I create them. But they don't show any lights in the preview when I run the sequence. I haven't tried to run actual lights. I am sure I am missing something. 

A little update. I use design preview. Added a CCR and assigned unit etc. Played it in preview. WORKS ! Added the other three Hoops and they don't work. I am definitely missing something.

Sounds like you have a channel mismatch between what was in the S4 version and what you made it in your S5 Preview.

Well, I think I have part of it figured out. When you mentioned channel mismatch, I reloaded the original .LMS file. When I did all of the objects, (so far) work. So I think I was adding channels, but they weren't being picked up in new file.