Light-O-Rama Forums

Extra stuff showing up

k6ccc

I have a sequence that is showing some extra channels that I can not explain.  Warning, this explanation is gonna be long (lots of details).

This is a song that I purchased the SuperStar version for a pixel tree from Brian, and have converted to the actual size of my my tree.  This is all done in SuperStar and is working fine - both in SuperStar and when exported to Sequencer.  I started to add my arches and for a couple seconds, I'm getting most of the channels of my singing face trees coming on.  I can't figure out why.  This song, as I do on almost all of my sequences, is sequenced almost entirely in SuperStar as a single "Insert SuperStar Effect".  The only parts not sequenced in SuperStar are a handful of static channels (porch light, flag lights, a security light, and a half dozen channels that identify the song number for a special purpose), and my P5 and P10 matrix.  I have a preview group that has every other prop in the sequence except the singing faces called the "Almost everything group".  And there is another preview group that has everything in the "Almost everything group" plus the singing faces, and that is called the "Almost all with faces group".  Yes, those are going to become important shortly.

I am using the "Almost all with faces group" for the sequencing in SuperStar, but at this time, I only have the size modified pixel tree portion I bought from Brian, some largely static lights on the eves and some brick columns, and I just started working on the arches.  At the timing for the very first arches portion (just before 40 seconds), most (not all) the 22 dumb channels for the two faces light up (not all together).

If I temporarily remove the "Insert SuperStar Effect", those lights do not come on.  If I cut that "Insert SuperStar Effect" from the "Almost all with faces group" and paste it into the "Almost Everything group", the singing faces lights do not come on, but the rest of the lights in that effect do work.  So based on this, you would assume that the SuperStar Effect has the singing faces channel coming on, and I just missed something in SuperStar.  Here's where it gets strange.  If I open that "Insert SuperStar Effect" by double clicking on it, SuperStar does not show any effects on the singing faces, nor are the effects for the arches possibly spilling over into the singing faces.  Furthermore, if I watch the AVI file that SuperStar exports, the faces do not light, and in sequencer, if I just select the motion effect so it shows on the preview display, the faces do not light up.  Lastly, I examined the .loredit file and there are no effects found for the faces - although I admit that I have not completely figured out all of the file formatting for the S5 .loredit files (as I had pretty much done with S3 / S4 .lms files).

Looking back at previous versions of the sequence, the singing faces showed up in the first version that had arch sequencing.

Here is a short video that shows the issue:

Jim

Try hovering over the grid where the lights are coming on without sequence written and ensure you haven't accidentally added a very light fade. I have done that in the past, could not see it with the naked eye and I dragged my mouse over the area and found fades that were less than 10%. I was reviewing my sequences on my test faces and kept seeing a dim light in the nodes

That was S4 but could possible happen in S5.

JR

30 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Try hovering over the grid where the lights are coming on without sequence written and ensure you haven't accidentally added a very light fade. I have done that in the past, could not see it with the naked eye and I dragged my mouse over the area and found fades that were less than 10%. I was reviewing my sequences on my test faces and kept seeing a dim light in the nodes

Already done that.  Confirmed nothing there.  That also would have shown up when I examined the .loredit file.  Also, if it was in sequencing in the Sequencer, it would not have gone away when I deleted the "Insert SuperStar Effect".

Thanks for that suggestion however.  I can't tell you how many times I have read here were someone did exactly what your suggestion tests for.  I have suggested that myself.