Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Music

dkoehler42

I figured I should start thinking about this early while I have time.  So far I have the following lineup:
Grim Grinning Ghosts

This is Halloween

Spooky Scary Skeletons

Someone's Watching Me

Thriller

Enter Sandman

Ghostbusters

Thoughts on content and time?

• 2 months later...

"Monster Mash" has a good beat (and thus easy sequencing).

I did a "Thunder and Lightning" sound effect sequence to break up the music sequences. Basically, flash everything white on the thunderclaps.

I threw in "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" because everyone recognizes it.

A few years ago I did "The Munsters Theme" (because "Uma Thurman" by Fall Out Boy sampled it, so everyone recognized it).

Halloween - thats a good list however think outside the box as well. There are 100's is not 1000's of great songs that can be used for Halloween. Its the holiday that you can get creative with.

JR

In addition to some of the above, I also have used "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow, "The Sound of Silence" by Disturbed, "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon, "Monsters" by All Time Low, and did an edited down version (for time) of "Mr. Roboto" by Styx this past year.  I've also had "retro" songs like "Hooked on a Feeling" and "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"...as JR says, 1000's out there; get creative!

I do a lot of not so well know songs Like These. I like very dark songs for Halloween. 

• Like 1