Light-O-Rama Forums

Audacity Question

chowell

I have used Audacity a bit to edit most of my songs. I'm now ready to record my introduction. What I am trying to do is play a song for about 7 or 8 seconds, then have the volume fade down, but not completely out so I can start my voice recording over the low playing music. Fade out doesn't seem to work because it only fades slowly through the whole song. I want to fade from that 7 or 8 second mark to the lower volume level for the remainder of the song, or then maybe after the talking is done, turn the volume back up for a few seconds to end.

Thanks much.
Corey

Corey - If you select the envelope tool, then select the section of the song where the fade occurs, and then just drag the right side of that envelope down, you can fade the volume to what ever level you desire. Then later, fade back up using the same procedure except drag the right side of the envelope up. Piece of cake, and works great!

D.T.

Thanks much D.T. Took me a minute to realize if I put the cursor surrounding the line, I can fade it down or up as far as I need to. Works great!

Thanks again.

Corey