Light-O-Rama Forums

4.4.16 Error

Ron Boyd

A WAG. The XML file (what a sequence file really is inside), has been damaged.

Have you had a 'power event' while using your computer? (or other Abnormal shut down)

I would open the windows Event Viewer:Windows Logs: System and look at the Red flagged items  (you can Filter the list on Errors and Critical)

If you see DISK Read or Write errors, replace that puppy soonest

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

If you see DISK Read or Write errors, replace that puppy soonest

Agreed.  And back it up NOW.  Don't mess around with a disk that is acting up.  They are cheap enough, it is simply not worth the risk.  I'm in the middle of that currently.  The C:\ drive on my file server has a RAID array with two SSDs in a RAID 1 configuration with a third drive as a hot standby.  That gives N-2 redundancy (sort of).  A couple weeks ago one of the drives gave a bunch of errors and then cleared up.  These are 6 year old SSD drives in a server, so I did not even question if it's time to replace them.  Replacement for all three drives have been purchased (four times larger while I was at it), and I am taking the opportunity to update the server OS to a newer version.

Also, if you have a backup of that file (you do, right?), confirm if that opens.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Also know that if that file is damaged that LOR does create a backup file, it will be name .lms.bak.

And if you've never used any of the .bak files, as  Mr. P shows in the quote above, just rename the file by removing ONLY the .bak section, but DELETE the bad .LMS file first, before renaming the file, or you'll get a file already exists error!   Then you should be able to load that file back in without any errors {hopefully}.  It's very rare, but on some occasions I have had a .bak file also get messed up in case of an abrupt power failure that was just enough to restart the system improperly.

Only stating this because I've seen it asked before here on the forum on how do I rename or use a .bak file in the SE.

First, I bought a new computer. Then I cloned  the C: drive to a bigger drive. After this error, I uninstalled LOR and then re-installed. Tried it again, with the same result. I then moved the visualizer file over to the old PC which runs my show. Tried again with the same result. 

Now, The file I'm trying to load, is a ".sup.las" file. I created a visualizer, created a Superstar sequence, then, exported out to a LAS file. When trying to open it, that's when I get the error.

I'm gonna tag Brian and Mike to see if they can figure out what's going on. Unless, someone else has ran into this problem. My Superstar program should export 16,000 pixels or 48,000 channels. My 2022 display has 5,965 pixels or 17,895 channels. There should not be a problem exporting my channels.

Thanks for any insight.

It is indeed possible that superstar exported an invalid .las file and the Sequencer is failing to load it. Send me the .sup file and the .lee file used when exporting and I will see if I can recreate the problem. You can email them to brian@superstarlights.com

The problem was a misnamed element. I named 46" RGB Star. However, the SS program did not like the ("). Brian did a fix and the program worked as it is intended with the ("), but in future, It would be a good idea not to have that in your display names in the visualizer.

Thanks again Brian.