Light-O-Rama Forums

REST API?

rogerh

Hey all,

I had a neighbor just get some Jellyfish lighting on their house.  I took a look at it and figured that's something I could do with the software and controllers I already have.  It doesn't seem like there's any type of API access to LOR though that would enable me to write an app to control the playing sequence.

Is there an API and I missed it?

Thanks,

Roger

You can control the next sequence with a hack.   The show player is very tolerant of the active show file .lss being changed while the show is running.  It detects the file changed and restarts the show at the end of the currently playing song. The changed showfile has the song you want to play.   This has been done a lot for the last 10 years or so.  Yes it would be great to have a CLI or rest but none has ever been shared.   

The remaining question is what are the pixel properties and are they controllable with LOR or other E1.31 controllers. The only way to find that out is to ask the makers/installers or test one of them and examine the connections and circuit board.

Hey Phil,

I was going to use regular LOR supported pixels.  It's more of a how can I can control them other than just pre-programming a show.  Without some type of CLI, or API, I might look at what ItsMeBobO suggested.

Dan, do you know what the process would be to get an API added/developed?

Roger

Edited by rogerh

If you just want to change colors or patterns you could use something like this. I use these on my son's house. He's not quite ready for LOR yet.

Aclorol Bluetooth LED Controller WS2812B WS2811 Controller Music Sync with 4-Output Ports for SK6812 2815 SM16703 1903 RGB Addressable Dream Color LED Pixels Strip Light DC5~24V APP/Remote Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0915D6W2M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_P9AKDJ59QA26MS0KMXPY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1