Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence timing issue between running in SE vs Show Builder

Darrell

I run my show on an older laptop with Windows 10 and LOR 4.4.16.  I normally run a set show with compressed sequences created with Show Editor and it has run wonderfully for the this season.  However, before I start the take-down, I was trying to get good videos for my library of what show looked like and noticed what seemed to be sequence timing issues between running a sequence via the Scheduler to running it directly in Sequence Editor.  When I try to merge portions of video clips, the sequence seems to drag for certain portions of the videos captured when running in Sequence Editor.  The start/stop points on the 2 videos are perfect - just points in the middle seem to get out of step.  Is this a normal expectation if you're running directly from Sequence Editor vs a compressed sequence in Scheduler?  I have tried to "tweak" a couple of sequences in live mode vs what comes up in Visualizer but now I'm concerned that doing these fixes in SE won't be same as making a fix, saving a compressed version and then running with the Scheduler.

It's possible.  Playing a sequence from the Sequence Editor take massively more CPU horsepower than playing from the Show Player.  As a test, start the Windows Task Manager and play a sequence from the Sequence Editor and watch the performance numbers in the Task Manager.  See if you are running out of horsepower.

For shooting your videos, create a show for each song, and schedule (or Show on Demand) each show.  It will keep repeating the one song - which could be handy for filming.  Once you have the first song, call up the second show.  This is where Show on Demand can be very handy.

Thanks for the tip on creating individual Shows and then using Show on Demand.  I was using SE to loop a single sequence to get good shots without a car driving thru the video.  This will be easier and faster with consistent results vs having to wait till the full show looped.