Light-O-Rama Forums

Gen3 controller working with Ver 5

ceharger

Will my older Gen3 controllers wotk with LOR version 5 software, also will my Verizon 4 sequences work with Ver. 5 software. 

Yes and yes. You will need to import your sequences into S5. That will happen automatically when you first open an S4 sequence in S5. Also, you will want to create a Preview in S5. The import process will create a default one, but it won't help you much. Read up and watch the tutorials on Preview Design. Once you import one sequence and work to get the Preview correct, all the rest of your sequences will be a piece of cake to import. I found that the really nice thing S5 and the preview (and channel config) is that once make a change to the Preview, every sequence that uses that Preview will pick up the changes automatically the next time you open it (and import the channel config). I was able to make changes to 15 sequences in about 20-25 minutes this year.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions. There is TONS of great help here.

Tonight's Zoom Room will be specifically on converting a S4 Visualization to a S5 Preview.