Light-O-Rama Forums

Really large text

k6ccc

I am trying to accomplish a text mask on my P5 and P10 matrix panels.  However I need text that is FAR larger than SuperStar allows.  Is there a way to make text really large - I'm talking at much as 60 pixels high.

@BrianBruderer  If this helps, pull up your Hallelujah Chorus by Shadrack starting at about the 3 minute mark.  I want to put the words onto the matrix panels.  Since I how have a SuperStar license large enough to cover my largest matrix panel, I figured that would be easier than re-creating those effects as Text Motion Effects.  But I can't make the text any larger.

If I could do text masks with an image, I could create the large characters as images, but I don't think you can accomplish the text masks with an image as the text.

BTW, this is NOT something I am aiming to get into my 2021 show.  This is for next year.

You can do a silhouette mask in the Image Setup dialog box. But another approach is to make a custom font.

Currently, the biggest font is 16 pixels high. I have realized there should be bigger fonts for a large matrix. I think the next size should be 20 pixels high. 60 pixels is really large!

The real answer is to support conversion of True Type fonts on your computer into bitmap fonts that can be used in superstar. Give me a month or so and I should be able to do that.

• Like 1

Yea, I know about custom fonts, but that does not get the size.

I don't think I knew you could do a mask with an image.  Let me play with that...

With more and more people using either fairly large pixel based matrixes, and P10 and P5 matrixes usually even larger, there is a need for a text mast effect that is very large.

As I mentioned, the best answer is for superstar to support conversion of True Type system fonts into a font in superstar. Give me a month or two and I should be able to put that in.

4 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

As I mentioned, the best answer is for superstar to support conversion of True Type system fonts into a font in superstar. Give me a month or two and I should be able to put that in.

Now you're damn near making me drool...

As usual, if you want me to test something, just ask...

I will happily put this sequence on hold for a couple months (or work on other parts of it)...

• 4 months later...
On 12/26/2021 at 3:33 PM, BrianBruderer said:

Any progress on this Brian?

I have done a "proof of concept" to make sure I could get the text image from the system fonts. I am currently working on adding shimmer and twinkle to the smooth effects. I should be done with that in a few days and then I will return to working on large text from windows system fonts. I expect I can finish large text from system fonts two weeks from when I finish shimmer and twinkle for smooth effects.