Light-O-Rama Forums

NEW to LOR - My Girlfriend bought it for me - Please share with me some 16 channel sequences. TIA

Padilla6144

NEW to LOR - My Girlfriend bought it for me - Please share with me some 16 channel sequences. 

Appreciate it so much in advanced. Thank you. (extrella04 at yahoo)

Two things,

1) This is the wrong time of year to ask for things from this community.  Shows are going on now and most everyone at this point is enjoying their show, fixing their show, or enjoying the short bit of down time with their family.

2) You have sent me personally two emails asking the same thing about 2 hours apart.  Sending out mass emails to everyone asking for the same thing your asking for in a thread does not and will not make me move any faster NOR motivate me to help you at this time.

With that being said, I was in the same position as you a long time ago and I can understand your excitement about doing light shows.  It's something that unless you do it, you never understand how many people look forward to seeing your display and, most importantly, how many children have the look of amazement watching your show.  It's that gratitude and satisfaction that will pull you in for the rest of your life and want you to make each year better than the the year before.

I will help you, I just can't help you until the new year.  Please be patient and you will get some 16 channel sequences.  Understand that this community shares a lot of sequences all with the understanding that NO ONE will sell them and that they are all for personal use.  So, by someone giving you a sequence, even just a simple 16 channel one, can and might go against their commitment to others that it's for only for personal use.  We have had in the past someone give a sequence to someone else and then that sequence appears on a site that tries to sell it for money.  It's this disrespect towards the creator of the sequence that has caused the sharing of sequences to not be as open as it once was.  So, with that being said, I will send you only those which I created.  I, like others on here, have made solid relationships with others and our word and actions matter.

Ok, now that all that is covered, WELCOME to the madness!! 

Edited by BluMan

25 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Juan, As you may have already figured out, Facebook is a better resource for freely shared sequences..

I don't really understand what your hinting at as all the sequences I have gotten from here were given freely as well.  Every online community has a few mannerisms that should be observed, and all I was doing was setting expectations on what should happen here as well.  My message was not designed to offend anyone but is it really necessary to post a request and then also send emails to everyone asking for the same thing? 

Juan, do you want to give us an idea on how you envision your 16 channel box being used?  Most 16 channel sequences are probably going to be S4 version based so you will have to go through the process of converting them to S5S5 will do it for you but you will have to understand that the channel assignments that one person uses might not be the same as the ones you use.  There is going to be a pretty big learning curve to all this so hopefully your not planning on putting on a show this season. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BluMan said:

I don't really understand what your hinting at as all the sequences I have gotten from here were given freely as well.  Every online community has a few mannerisms that should be observed, and all I was doing was setting expectations on what should happen here as well.  My message was not designed to offend anyone but is it really necessary to post a request and then also send emails to everyone asking for the same thing? 

Juan, do you want to give us an idea on how you envision your 16 channel box being used?  Most 16 channel sequences are probably going to be S4 version based so you will have to go through the process of converting them to S5S5 will do it for you but you will have to understand that the channel assignments that one person uses might not be the same as the ones you use.  There is going to be a pretty big learning curve to all this so hopefully your not planning on putting on a show this season. 

James, myself and another member of the group received the same PM LOL.

Some people expect to be spoon fed everything instead of instructions and classes to help themselves for their future. They then go to the FB groups and get in the wrong crowd and think they know everything about someone. At the same time people receive sequences and take them to FB or other groups and decide to take credit for, share and or sell the work of others for their own benefits. James and I shared 1000's of sequences and it got old to have many people disrespect our good will.

While we do still share it is normally now with people that we consider friends and less likely the new people that dont even bother to read the sharing thread.

JR

• The topic was locked