Light-O-Rama Forums

Any way to advance a motion effect per timing mark?

Daryl Hurd

I do have some songs where i think that the motion effect is just right but I really only want it to move on a beat of a song. Working the effect to run in the time span is not quite what I want because I do want it appear to be jerky if that makes sense.

For example I want color bars to move down on each timing mark and not be smooth scrolling.

I had to read that twice to understand what you wanted to do - and then it made sense...

No, I don't know of any way to automatically do that.  Of course, you could do it manually - example, 100% in the first timing interval, 90% in the second, 80% in the third, etc.

you could sub divide the timing mark by 2 and use the Bars Down ME in the first space and then Hold ME in the second. I think this could work for what you want.

So could you say apply an ME across a 10 second range in 1/10 tmiing marks and then select every other timing mark and then modify the effect to HOLD? that would then only do motion on every other timing mark?

19 hours ago, Daryl Hurd said:

So could you say apply an ME across a 10 second range in 1/10 tmiing marks and then select every other timing mark and then modify the effect to HOLD? that would then only do motion on every other timing mark?

That should work.