Light-O-Rama Forums

Things people say 2021

ItsMeBobO

Whenever there is a nice crowd I go outside.   Rarely when there is one or two cars.    Tonight there is a car packed with 6 drunk teenagers making a lot of noise.   This one I have never heard before. 

"May I use your bathroom?  I've got to go real bad"     ABSOLUTELY NOT without a pause.   "Will I get in trouble if I go in that yard?"    I was not about to give a kid permission to publicly urinate so he can blame me for it.    You have to decide that for yourself is all I could snap back without thinking too hard.   I just walked away as he didnt seem like he wanted to cause trouble, he was just doing it unconsciously.  

• Like 2

You had your chance of a lifetime "all light on" moment when you say - right over there. LOL

Remember a few years ago the Amazon driver took a whiz on my tune to sign all captured on video and sent to the man himself.

JR

Yea, I would not let some random person into my house so they can pee.  I have let a couple friends who were at the house for the opening night evening use the bathroom, but it was long time friends.

There is no place in my yard is not watched on one or more cameras.

Well, at least they were "human", one of our neighbors lets her dog out, unleashed and unattended {pit bull mix}, it has almost knocked my wife down several times, but that's not all it does, it has urinated on Ralphie numerous times, as well as the Cross in my display.  I've had to clean them up numerous times {over 6 so far}.  And that's annoying me no end.   My wife talked to the husband today, since it's his wife that just lets it out to wander and do its business wherever it feels like it, and he said he's going to have a stern talk with her about this, as he told her NOT to do that, and she's doing it while he's at work.  I guess she figured she'd never get caught.

ANd my wife told him, if my husband catches your dog in the act {and he has video}, he's not going to have much choice but to call Animal Control and register a complaint about the dog.  Not something he wants to do, but if it continues, he isn't going to have much choice.

My yard is fenced off; cars park along the street and watch the show from there, some get out and watch from the fence.   I will go out (or members of the family will) and hand out candy canes and chat with those who want to chat.   We only open the yard to the public once per year during our annual charity fundraiser, so I've yet to have anyone asking if they could use the bathroom.   Not coming into the yard at all is a pretty good psychological sign that coming into the house isn't in the cards.   

Nothing terribly interesting to note on the "Things People Say" front this year so far, but it hasn't gotten very busy yet this year.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Orville said:

Well, at least they were "human", one of our neighbors lets her dog out, unleashed and unattended {pit bull mix}, it has almost knocked my wife down several times, but that's not all it does, it has urinated on Ralphie numerous times, as well as the Cross in my display.  I've had to clean them up numerous times {over 6 so far}.  And that's annoying me no end.   My wife talked to the husband today, since it's his wife that just lets it out to wander and do its business wherever it feels like it, and he said he's going to have a stern talk with her about this, as he told her NOT to do that, and she's doing it while he's at work.  I guess she figured she'd never get caught.

ANd my wife told him, if my husband catches your dog in the act {and he has video}, he's not going to have much choice but to call Animal Control and register a complaint about the dog.  Not something he wants to do, but if it continues, he isn't going to have much choice.

If it's poop, shovel it up and leave it in a pile on the neighbors front porch.

On 12/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, k6ccc said:

If it's poop, shovel it up and leave it in a pile on the neighbors front porch.

LOL.  I'd do that, but it'd just get me a violation from management.  Something I don't need.   So if it keeps up, animal control will be my only recourse.

Back to the thread topic.   Last night someone who I know lives 40 minutes away was telling me two songs seem to play a lot.  I'm completely stumped by this since I know they came twice last year and this was first time this year.    Gotta love the broad generalizations of a two hour show on a few minutes observation.  If they want to hear something different they can vote up a song with miip. 

Last night I also got the famous 'Are you an engineer'  question.   I like to say you can learn how to do it if you start small like I did 12 years ago.     Seems to be a lot more college age cars this year.   Another car of young people, who were not drunk this time, were shouting awesome lights and other stuff very loudly.

Had some folks from Church ask if they could drop by and see my show Friday night after our IGNITE Christmas Party, {our  church service on Friday night is called "IGNITE"}, and they gave us a ride home since they wanted to come and see the show and bring their nephew and a friend of his, their nephew has Downes Syndrome.   SO the watched what was left of the show, since we didn't get home 'til around 10:20-10:25pm, show runs 'til 11pm on Friday/Saturday, then then overnight lights come on.

And they were all very impressed with what I could do with RGB lighting, and especially loved Ralphie and Zuzu, the LOR Singing RGB Trees.  Even though my display is very small and compact in the location where it's all located this year, they all thought it was very awesome, and are going to tell their friends they need to come see it.   They especially loved that I use quite a few Christian themed songs we sing at church in my display, although not all have been sequenced for the Singing Trees as yet.   I'm still trying to work on that aspect of my display for 2022.  

Sadly, that has gotten to be a little more difficult for me as of now, as of last night and before church, the hearing in my right ear has dropped to almost non-existent, so it's going to take me even more time now to get accustomed to that loss, and get the mouth movements correct for the singing trees.  But I'm still going to try!

But they were completely amazed that I could even pull a display off like I have, as they know my medical issues very well.  They just said, we don't know how you do it?   I just said "I'm just too stubborn to let my medial issues stop me from doing something I, {my wife}, and so many others in my neighborhood enjoy."  Got a good chuckle out of that answer. LOL

• The topic was locked