Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Sync w/ Video

Specter

Hey guys-
I have the newest version of LOR. I have been wanting to sync video with my lights for a while. I've heard rumors that it can do this- but how? How do I import different video clips? Does it synch the lights to the video exactly, or is there any 'fluff' in the timing of the lights to the video sequences? Any info would be appreciated!

To create a sequence based on a video, create a new "musical sequence", and when it asks you for the media file to use, choose the video file that you want to use.

Make sure that you have "Display Videos" turned on in your video preferences ("Edit" / "Preferences" / "Video Preferences") - otherwise, the video's audio will be played, but the video's (errrm...) video won't be displayed.

As for how the lights will be displayed during the video, that's really up to you. You tell the lights how to behave the same way you would for any other sequence.

You need to run a cable from your video card to your projector. So you need to have a video card that has supports dual monitors. Then when you plug into that other port on your video card you will assign that port to your projector. Then when you hit play, the video will be sent to your projector and your audio to your FM transmitter from your sound card.

It really is rather simple. I use Sony Vegas 9 Platinum to put my videos together then lay the audio over it and mix it down to one wmv file. Then I will load that file into S2 as Bob described how to above.

If you don't have a card that supports two monitors then how are you suppose to view your monitor and have a projector plugged into a single VGA port?

I know there are some cards that have different ports for connecting your monitor and you can use those for a second monitor. If you just have a single VGA port you have to use one or the other, monitor or projector....

I understand what you are saying and you are right about you don't need a card that will support two monitors if you are just displaying the video locally on your monitor. However, I am going off the assumption that since he said he wants to sync his lights and music to video he is wanting to use a projector in his display. If that is the case and you don't have a dedicated show computer as a lot don't and that is also extra cost for someone that is on a tight budget to have a second computer dedicated to just LOR. Then yes you will need a card that will support two monitors. One for the monitor, the other port for the projector. It would be a hassle to unplug a monitor then plug in the projector every time you wanted to use it. Especially if you only have one computer. I know how my computer is hooked up it is a huge hassle to unplug and plug up the projector if I had to do that because of my desk and where my computer sits. I am lucky enough to have a dedicated comptuer for my LOR, but in the case others don't then this would be the alternative. I know some people have box store computers that the video card is part of the Motherboard and only allows one monitor and if this is there primary comptuer and you wanted to have your monitor connected and a projector, you will need a card that will will support two monitors. A card that supports two monitors highly outweights the cost of a second computer dedicated just to LOR for those that wanted to use both at the same time with there primary machine.

So if you wanted to have your monitor connected at all times and use a projector in your display and if you have a computer that only has one VGA port. Then you will need a card that will accept two monitors so that you can run both together. Would you disagree?