Light-O-Rama Forums

Showtime Player shutting down Schedule each day.

Bambam77

Each day I enable my show. It plays wonderfully until the scheduled time. When it stops it shuts down the scheduler, so I have to manually re-enable each day.

I've looked and looked for a setting I my be missing but I can't find one. I'm running S5 V5.6.6 Pro. Attached is a copy of the log image.

Also My computer is set to not sleep or hibernate. Hard drive does not sleep, updates are turned off and computer is not rebooting in-between shows.

It shuts down scheduler right away when the show ends.

Any ideas?

Q1.jpg

You probably don't have the control panel set to always start. So a restart (just befor the shutdown) is it

Scheduled Play is OFF  ??? (near the top)

This same thing has just started happening to me this week. My show has been running great with no issues until Tuesday. And now out of the blue it shuts down scheduler right after the show ends.

The control panel is also shutting down. So, when I open it back up the status is "Enabled". I have the computer disconnected from the internet and security protection disabled so I don't have any scans turning on during the show. The computer is not rebooting on its own and it's also set to not sleep or hibernate, and the updates are also turned off. I got home from work on Wednesday and checked the computer and the control panel had shut down after the show on Tuesday night. So, I opened the control panel, and it reloaded the show. I had to do the same thing yesterday. I have not don't nothing but reboot the computer once a week and it's been running great since Thanksgiving night until this week. 

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

What does the control panel status log report.

Status report above in the original post above. Mysteriously after last nights show it didn't shutdown the scheduler and it's ready to go for tonight. Here's a copy of the status as of now.

image.png.f27f09e957cf07a7b242a4b5f9d5ea60.png

1 hour ago, cmartinson said:

The control panel is also shutting down. So, when I open it back up the status is "Enabled". I have the computer disconnected from the internet and security protection disabled so I don't have any scans turning on during the show. The computer is not rebooting on its own and it's also set to not sleep or hibernate, and the updates are also turned off. I got home from work on Wednesday and checked the computer and the control panel had shut down after the show on Tuesday night. So, I opened the control panel, and it reloaded the show. I had to do the same thing yesterday. I have not don't nothing but reboot the computer once a week and it's been running great since Thanksgiving night until this week. 

Is LOR set to load on BOOT (Launch at Startup).  Windows may be doing something strange (crashing? ) and rebooting

This is fairly drastic surgery but if you continue to have issues, you might consider it.

I am not familiar with purchased sequences but a couple of things strike me. 

Those filenames are very complex and one in particular looks more funky than the others 

Make a backup of all the sequences before you start, you should have one anyway.

I would rename all of them removing all the dots except for the last .loredit Use file save as in Sequencer. It will add the .loredit 

The Santa Claus coming to town, one has a .loredit in the middle of the filename and two consecutive dots following. Programs sometimes don't react well to that kind of thing.

My filenames look like this.

TSO Wizards in Winter 2m30s rev34.loredit

Delete entirely the Lorinternal folder 

When you have simplified the filenames, create a new show and open up sequence compressor and compress the entire show. This will recreate the Lorinternal folder and  all the required playback files inside.

Test the show in the daytime using a show on demand and check the logs 

50 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Is LOR set to load on BOOT (Launch at Startup).  Windows may be doing something strange (crashing? ) and rebooting

Yes, it's set to launch at startup. No, it's not crashing or rebooting because if it was, I'd have to log back into my computer since its password protected.

• Like 1

Looks too me a lot of those filenames have more than a single period in them, I'm not using S5, but my files that end in lms, lsv, lsc and las only have the period before each of those extensions at the end of the filename.   Just like Jim said, extra periods like that in a filename can create issues, and those may be why your show is shutting down at the end and not looping as it should.

• Like 1