Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR adding HolidayCoro Mega Tree

TCVC

I would like to buy 16 strips of 50 lights that I can use with the RBG Pixi16controller. I noticed they are $59 from LOR. Can I use other lights from other stores? How do I know what pigtails I need to match or how SMART the lights are?

9 minutes ago, TCVC said:

I would like to buy 16 strips of 50 lights that I can use with the RBG Pixi16controller. I noticed they are $59 from LOR. Can I use other lights from other stores? How do I know what pigtails I need to match or how SMART the lights are?

If you have the LOR assembled controller you would need the LOR pixels. Sure they may seem a little pricey however you get the best support and warranty offered. As well as the connectors that work on their pigtails.

Peace of mind is worth the cost.

JR

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If you have the LOR assembled controller you would need the LOR pixels. Sure they may seem a little pricey however you get the best support and warranty offered. As well as the connectors that work on their pigtails.

JR

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

JR

Thank you That is what I needed to know. 

• Like 1

You could also change out ti the pigtail from your string supplier or buy a 'pigtail converter' (limited to some brands. WiredWatts offers xchangers).

Folk need to consider that you are getting in bed with your suppliers and need to know these kinds of issues.

AND use caution as some pigtails will MATE, but the pinout is wrong

Just now, TheDucks said:

You could also change out ti the pigtail from your string supplier or buy a 'pigtail converter' (limited to some brands. WiredWatts offers xchangers).

Folk need to consider that you are getting in bed with your suppliers and need to know these kinds of issues.

AND use caution as some pigtails will MATE, but the pinout is wrong

Try using the warranty from some of the vendors. As a new user the OP should stick with what he has and not rely on outside sources especially if wanting to light the tree this year.

JR

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Try using the warranty from some of the vendors. As a new user the OP should stick with what he has and not rely on outside sources especially if wanting to light the tree this year.

JR

Amen.  Or they discontinue items that you built your system around (No Spares or expansion 🤥). BTW I am not talking about (Covid) Shortages. 'Removed from Catalog' and no direct alternates

• Like 1