Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Faces sometimes lag or not in sync with music

gorichgo

On some sequences singing faces aren't in sync with the music and seem to lag while playing show via mini director. When I view via my computer screen in SE all looks good. Anyone possible solution?

I'm using the 16 ch AC controller for the singing faces. I'm on S4 and also use CCP, CCB and Pixie8 controllers in my show.

Sometimes the lag is the music may look good on the computer, but on a director, it may be off slightly.  How I corrected that with a Director was I just moved the parts that were lagging back by 1, sometimes 2 blocks and that seemed to wok out fairly well.  So you could try that, 

First MAKE A COPY of the sequence, and place it in a different folder.  Then modify the COPIED sequence, leaving the original intact.  Make a test show on a different SD Card, plug it in and see how it worked out, you may have to move that area of the sequence back another block or two, but eventually, it will be in tolerance with the song.  If it worked out, replace the original sequence with the new one that is working as you want.  Then recreate your show.

NOTE: this may/may not work for everyone, but it worked for me.  So it's just a suggestion to try and see if it works out.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Are you using Audacity to convert your Bit rate to Constant and speed to 128 kbps before sequencing?

JR

All songs are at 128 bbps.  

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Are you using Audacity to convert your Bit rate to Constant and speed to 128 kbps before sequencing?

JR

I'm using an N4-G4, and it plays and operates 320K Constant Bit Rate with no problems.  Been using this now for 2 years.  Haven't had a single song that hasn't worked at 320K CBR in it!   Even my off hours' daytime music is all at 320K.  

With the original DC-MP3 Director, I never used 128K for anything in it either, with that one I used 192K for years with no issues either.  

However, your director and options may vary.  Just know I haven't had any issues with the new N4-G4 director and 320K CBR format for 2 years now, and this is its 2nd season of use.

But if it's NOT CBR, but VBR, that'll really foul up a sequence during show time too!

3 minutes ago, Orville said:

I'm using an N4-G4, and it plays and operates 320K Constant Bit Rate with no problems.  Been using this now for 2 years.

You've been lucky. The recommendation is 128K.

6 minutes ago, Orville said:

I'm using an N4-G4, and it plays and operates 320K Constant Bit Rate with no problems.  Been using this now for 2 years.  Haven't had a single song that hasn't worked at 320K CBR in it!   Even my off hours' daytime music is all at 320K.  

With the original DC-MP3 Director, I never used 128K for anything in it either, with that one I used 192K for years with no issues either.  

However, your director and options may vary.  Just know I haven't had any issues with the new N4-G4 director and 320K CBR format for 2 years now, and this is its 2nd season of use.

But if it's NOT CBR, but VBR, that'll really foul up a sequence during show time too!

Singing faces - 128 and constant, it’s all over everything even regular non face sequences however the faces will become out of sync and normally at the worst time.

JR