Light-O-Rama Forums

2021 Videos

ItsMeBobO

Bob-O how do you record your songs?  Do you bring a radio out with you or do you dub the video with the audio file afterwards somehow?  What software does that.....Audacity?

You almost always want to bring the audio back in during post production.  There are lots of video editing software packages out there - some free and some paid.  Personally I use CyberLink Power Director (paid software).

Hey Jim.  Thanks for the tip but I am struggling trying to figure out how to use the CyberLink software.  Firstly, do you use PowerDirector or AudioDirector?  It seems like from what I have read/watched, that AudioDirector has a function in it that supposedly is easy to use to dub a clean version of the music over the sound captured from the iPhone video version. 

I have downloaded the 30 day trial (full) version and for the life of me cannot get it to work.  I get a few clicks into it and get an error message that says "the source and destination must have the same sampling rate"......whatever that is.  I did discover both the iPhone video and the mp3 audio have the same Hz of 48000.  Got any tips for me?  Thanks!

Windows video Editor work great and its included in the Windows based computers. You can remove the audio from recordings and replace it with the true audio. Very easy.

JR

49 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

Firstly, do you use PowerDirector or AudioDirector? 

PowerDirector

50 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

I am struggling trying to figure out how to use the CyberLink software. 

They have some pretty good tutorials that I watched and figured out the basics.

7 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Windows video Editor work great and its included in the Windows based computers.

Never heard of that.  Appears that is only the case with somewhat recent Windows 10 (and I assume Windows 11).  This computer with a several year old version of Win 10 does not have it, but my current version at home does.

I'm looking into software, I've played around with some, but which one would you all recomend for if you want to take mulitple shots and sync they up and edit?  any of them have an "auto" sync or anytthing like that?   I know notthing about this kind of software. 
"

Power Director does.  It uses the audio track to sync - which works fine if you have audio (most drones don't record audio).

8 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Power Director does.  It uses the audio track to sync - which works fine if you have audio (most drones don't record audio).

Thanks I might dive in and record some from various angles and give it a shot.   No drone to take footage, that would be sweet.