Light-O-Rama Forums

Music File missing when trying to upload sequence to SD card

DumlaoLights

I have this sequence that I keep trying to put on to my SD card but every time I try to update it with the new sequence it says Music file missing but I have the music and it plays in the sequence anyone know how to fix this? 

Are you 110% sure that you are selecting the correct file?

Also, make sure that you are using a MP3 file for sequences going onto a SD card.

On 12/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, Don said:

Are you 110% sure that you are selecting the correct file?

Also, make sure that you are using a MP3 file for sequences going onto a SD card.

Yes I am a 100% sure I've ben doing this with all my other sequences and they have been working just fine but this one sequence just won't transfer to my SD card and will say audio file missing when I have the audio file.

54 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Check for a weird character in the sequence name. Sometimes they can throw things off.

JR

thank you !

On 12/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, dibblejr said:

Check for a weird character in the sequence name. Sometimes they can throw things off.

JR

Okay so I came across another problem again with the sequence. I took out any weird characters with the audio and the sequence, it was able to transfer to the SD card but when I went out to see if it would play it would only play first couple of seconds of the sequence but the music won't play and then it just skips to what's next on the SD card. 

5 minutes ago, DumlaoLights said:

Okay so I came across another problem again with the sequence. I took out any weird characters with the audio and the sequence, it was able to transfer to the SD card but when I went out to see if it would play it would only play first couple of seconds of the sequence but the music won't play and then it just skips to what's next on the SD card. 

Was it able to play in the sequencer playback.?  Your SD card could be corrupt or something. Did you wipe the card and try from new?

JR

9 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Was it able to play in the sequencer playback.?  Your SD card could be corrupt or something. Did you wipe the card and try from new?

JR

Yes it was able to play in playback. I just copied the whole sequence to another using a different mp3 file of the song and I will try wiping the card. 

31 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

JR

After copying the whole sequence and wiping the card it still does the same thing it won't play the music and the lights will do some of what I did on the sequence but will skip to the next song after a couple of seconds.

1 minute ago, DumlaoLights said:

After copying the whole sequence and wiping the card it still does the same thing it won't play the music and the lights will do some of what I did on the sequence but will skip to the next song after a couple of seconds.

Are you using music editing software like Audacity to change the speed to 128kbps and set the bit rate to constant?

Audacity is free.

JR

20 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Are you using music editing software like Audacity to change the speed to 128kbps and set the bit rate to constant?

Audacity is free.

JR

I just tried doing that and it has that quick squeak still. 

30 minutes ago, DumlaoLights said:

I just tried doing that and it has that quick squeak still. 

Can you video, a squeak would not be good. Does it do it from all sd cards or just one?

JR

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Can you video, a squeak would not be good. Does it do it from all sd cards or just one?

JR

I did the changes on audacity and it still does that from what's shown in the video.

(edit): I fixed it and it now works with the whole show. I had to convert the file to wav then open it in audacity and export it to mp3 from audacity and it all worked !

Edited by DumlaoLights