Light-O-Rama Forums

Neighborhood network questions

CALightItUp

Hi all,

We are expanding our show from 13 to 16 homes. These will be the first homes I will not be able to hard line to and will need to use wireless. We have ELLs coming but wondering if it’s possible to use 2.4GHz to expand the network if/when we want to use pixels on that new leg OR if we don’t get the ELL’s in time. If so, anyone have instructions on what to buy and how to set up?

I’m also using the LOR whole home FM Tx which is actually providing pretty good range but soon I may need more range. So, wondering if there is a better antenna I can add to improve range or will I need a different FM transmitter?

Finally, any other tips for growing neighborhood shows?

thanks!

15 minutes ago, CALightItUp said:

We have ELLs coming but wondering if it’s possible to use 2.4GHz to expand the network if/when we want to use pixels on that new leg OR if we don’t get the ELL’s in time. If so, anyone have instructions on what to buy and how to set up?

Not easily if you are use LOR network, but very easy if you are using E1.31 for your pixels.

18 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Not easily if you are use LOR network, but very easy if you are using E1.31 for your pixels.

Have a 2nd network running my pixels on a Falcon but rest of neighborhood is on LOR. 

• The topic was locked