Light-O-Rama Forums

Graphic Black (0,0,0) displays as pink on RGB pixels...how to fix?

machtoo

Anyone seen this?  I have set background on graphics to black, 000, and I see a pinkish color on the pixels themselves in the showing when displaying the graphics.   How can you set the color to actual black?  Also, balck is displayed properly in the preview.

14 minutes ago, machtoo said:

Anyone seen this?  I have set background on graphics to black, 000, and I see a pinkish color on the pixels themselves in the showing when displaying the graphics.   How can you set the color to actual black?  Also, balck is displayed properly in the preview.

I don't think they can actually do black, just off. Pixels actually provide color in the RGB spectrum and black is the absence of light.

Edited by Mr. P

Somehow this thread got posted twice and answers in both.  Can an administrator combine them.

Have used software for editing graphics for many years and set the image background to RGB black which is 0,0,0.  Somehow the Pixie 16 is not showing black which I believe is what RGB 000 indicates ...no color at all.

Effects are fine...issue is only seen with images.

Some additional detail...

I created new effects for the new pixel tree this year (16x100) using the S5 motion effects channels and in some songs use graphic images moving left to right or reverse which is an option in the motion effects.

My question is about the image background. Using my Paint Shop Pro to edit the graphics I set the background to RGB  black …0,0,0 .  However in the show the background is displayed on the pixels as a brownish pink color and should be black or off.

Was hoping someone with RGB experience may know how to get the background to display as black as it shows in the preview?

Thanks in advance, Dean

I have had this same problem and the only cure I found was to use Vetor Image files or GIF stickers. They have no back ground and 99% of these image files display as a "zero lights on" in the back ground. I have a mini matrix that I use to test pictures to verify they work as intended before I use them in the show. Any good image software has the capability to make Vetor files and GIF sticker files. 

Tried eliminating the background from graphics using PSP 2022 but the S5 software and previewer interprets a lack of background to be white ( at least in the previewer.  I am wondering if I use a very dark color but not pure black whether the pixels will display the extremely dark color and look "black".  I use quite a few image files in my pixel tree sequences depending on the song combined with the other motion effects.  I will have to experiment with graphic types and what works with the controller and pixels.  Might not get to it this year as the show has been running since Thanksgiving night.  If anyone else has any insight on this please share. Thanks

2 hours ago, machtoo said:

Tried eliminating the background from graphics using PSP 2022 but the S5 software and previewer interprets a lack of background to be white ( at least in the previewer.  I am wondering if I use a very dark color but not pure black whether the pixels will display the extremely dark color and look "black".  I use quite a few image files in my pixel tree sequences depending on the song combined with the other motion effects.  I will have to experiment with graphic types and what works with the controller and pixels.  Might not get to it this year as the show has been running since Thanksgiving night.  If anyone else has any insight on this please share. Thanks

It can be done and here's proof. I have not recorded much video this year but the one in the link has a 2 layer Motion effect. One layer is a picture with 2 small palm trees. a static Vector image. the other layer is motion effect row with an animated GIF sticker of swaying palm trees and both do not light up any background pixels. The singing Santa is a creation of my own using 15 motion effects rows to create the singing animation. he is not a picture image. I found both images on the internet. when your season is over, start plugin away at it, you have a great image editor. you'll get it.   https://studio.youtube.com/video/Mp8Ju6ZCYrw/edit

I was experimenting today and realized the motion effect row does not recognize vector format graphics.  It only allows selection of raster formats like gif, jpg, png, tiff, etc. So there has to be some other way to the black background to display as black on the pixels.  Amy thoughts?

Issues resolved thanks to Matt!  Converted all 150+ images to PNG, re-did the image selection for every motion effect to use the PNG files, saved all 46 sequences,  rebuilt the show. and turned on the "Pixel Curve" in Dimming Curve for the pixel tree. Black is now perfect black.

• Like 1