Light-O-Rama Forums

Need LED C9's ASAP

Specter

Hey guys-
I need strings of Red LED C9's asap. I use LOR and need them to fade/dim properly. I was about to order from LEDHolidayLighting- until I find out that you ALSO have to order special plugs and whatnot for each string- thus, jacking the price even higher than anticipated. Can anyone recommend a retailer for me? I looked at CDI- but didn't they have lots of problems with them and LOR? Maybe I'm mistaken. I just need to get some ASAP.
Thanks!

huh. Are those full wave? Capable of dimming with LOR? How many diodes are in each bulb? How does the brightness compare to that of other C9 strings? OR- C7's for that matter? I always run C9s- but if C7s are cheaper, I'd be open to switching over to those...

Ahhh... ok- well- I may be able to get by with 1 or 2 extensions/plugs then. How does the Holiday Lighting LED's compare to the CDI Leds? Again, I could go with C9 or C7s- doesn't matter to me.

Specter wrote:

huh. Are those full wave? Capable of dimming with LOR? How many diodes are in each bulb? How does the brightness compare to that of other C9 strings? OR- C7's for that matter? I always run C9s- but if C7s are cheaper, I'd be open to switching over to those...

Yes they are full wave and a lot of people at PC use them. I am in the planning stages myself to convert to LED and will be using these too. As far as diodes I don't know the answer to that since I am not using them yet. I am sure you can give them a call and they will be able to tell you. As far as brightness, they won't be as bright as your incandescent but bright enough.

I haven't seen CDI's but I've heard LED holiday Lightings are brighter. His was the fifth set I got in. Yes they are expensive. But I think you will be Happy with them. I'm using 11 strands each of red and green

Tim

Yeah- Paul at CDI emailed me back and says that his DO NOT work with LOR. So- that's an easy solution. Looks like I'll go with Holiday Lighting. I heard he is having a Thanksgiving Sale or something? Anyone know about that?