Light-O-Rama Forums

Intelligent RGB issues

Aggie

I am on year 3 using the WowLights Intelligent E1.31 RGB 4 Output Controller with 3 sets of WowLights C9 style Intelligent RGB Bulbs 50ct (DMX) with End Connector connected end to end (actually 3 in each direction from a center point) with power injectors between each set using a different output from the controller for each direction.  Other than some isssues with power intectors, this set up has worked well past years.

The issue this year is the first set in each direction connected directly to the E1.31 Controller works great, but the 2nd and 3rd set in each direction are just the default blue (power, but no signal).  I have checked in the sequencer, and it shows Universe 1 as DMX Channel 1-450 (3 segments, 150 nodes total) and I do the other direction as Universe 2.

Are there other places I need to look within LOR to make sure it knows how many lights are connected, or other items I can check?  This has worked without issue in the past, and I did not change anything to my knowledge in LOR other than doing the upgrade for this year.

Each string consumes 150 channels, therefore three strings will consume 450 channels. To get the next three to work, I would think you would need to use another port and same for remaining groups of three strings. Make sure you are specifying the correct settings in the Preview layout.

1 hour ago, Aggie said:

but the 2nd and 3rd set in each direction are just the default blue (power, but no signal). 

Sounds like Holiday Coro pixels that light blue with no data.  Either a failed pixel that is not passing data, or since it's at the connector, a bad connection.  First try unplugging the connection between strings 1 & 2 and look at the connections.  If anything looks dirty or corroded, clean them.  If that does not help, try swapping string 2 and 3.  Report the findings.

14 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Sounds like Holiday Coro pixels that light blue with no data.  Either a failed pixel that is not passing data, or since it's at the connector, a bad connection.  First try unplugging the connection between strings 1 & 2 and look at the connections.  If anything looks dirty or corroded, clean them.  If that does not help, try swapping string 2 and 3.  Report the findings.

The last few batched from HC says that on a slip of paper.  Blue shows that they are powered up, but no data.

OP If your controller has only has 50 nodes of data (configured), the bucket brigade of data (in) becomes empty at node 50, so there is no data at node 51 (and on)

@k6ccc (Jim), thanks for reminding me to go back to the basics.  I went back to check all connectors after the first working set connected directly to the controller, and I happend to have a bad connection in each direction after the first set.  Once I corrected this, all other sections worked perfectly.

Scott