Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence wont play in show

wrohdejr

I have a sequence that will play in the sequence editor but when I add it to my show i get this error/

ERROR STARTING SEQUENCE (Cannot open file D:\Dropbox\Dropbox\2021 Christmas lights\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas\2021 Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree finished.0001.173.play.lms): Musical: D:\Dropbox\Dropbox\2021 Christmas lights\LORInternal\Playback\L\Christmas\2021 Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree finished.0001.173.play.lms

When I go to that folder the file is there but I see that other sequences have 3 files and this sequence only has 2.

The 3 files are lms, lid, lcs. This sequence only creates lms and lid but no lcs file.

I have tried to save it with a different name but I don't know what is creating this issue.

Hope this make sense for you guru's out there.

Having files in your Dropbox folder (or any other cloud service) while playing can lead to problems.

You can try shutting down the Dropbox sync during the show, or disconnecting the machine from the internet.

Are you moving them to a directory that's outside of your Dropbox folder? Because the software is still looking inside of your Dropbox folder for the files.

My dropbox is set to sync once a day at 5am to the cloud to update any files or changes. The LOR is pulling from the dropbox folder that is on my hard drive not from the cloud.

If it's set to sync once a day, I would go ahead and shut it off during the show.

I'd imagine that even if you have it set to once a day, there is still some sort of communication happening in the background.

I'd turn off Internet connections during the show anyway...you don't want Windows running an update and possibly rebooting in the middle of a show. Once I'm up and running, I turn off internet connections and I don't update the LOR software either. The latest update from yesterday will have to wait until next year.

23 hours ago, tlogan said:

I'd turn off Internet connections during the show anyway...you don't want Windows running an update and possibly rebooting in the middle of a show. Once I'm up and running, I turn off internet connections and I don't update the LOR software either. The latest update from yesterday will have to wait until next year.

When I was using my laptop to run my show, I turned off all outside communications, internet, wireless etc......., me too on the LOR updates. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

• Like 1

I hope it's OK to "Piggy Back" on this thread. I just noticed I have a similar problem in that one of my sequences isn't playing in the show. Mine come directly from the hard drive on my laptop for LOR to get them from. I'll have to check about the note above in regard to amount of files for the sequence as I've moved my sequences from one laptop to a flash drive to my show laptop and maybe I forgot to copy them all over. So if the song/sequence shows up in the show editor but doesn't play what could be the issue? The rest of my sequences are playing fine. 

Thanks everyone. 😃

So it turns out i really messed up. LOL 

Thanks for the direct help JR Dibble! It turns out I not only didn't open the sequence after moving it from my sequencing laptop to my show laptop, I never added the audio file to my show laptop! Duh. 🤣

So I added the media file but I had to run it through Audacity for SE to use it. After adding the correct media file and saving the sequence with the audio, lo and behold it works and controlled the lights last night. So I should be good for tonight's show. 👍

I'm posting this in case anyone runs into the same scenario.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked