Light-O-Rama Forums

Best way to schedule a show?

chowell

Hi all. Wondering how you all schedule your shows to keep traffic flowing as best as possible. Do you run it non-stop for the duration of the evening, or do you start it every 15, 30 or 60 minutes? Just wondering what you have found to be most successful and entertaining.

Thanks much.

Corey

chowell wrote:

Hi all. Wondering how you all schedule your shows to keep traffic flowing as best as possible. Do you run it non-stop for the duration of the evening, or do you start it every 15, 30 or 60 minutes? Just wondering what you have found to be most successful and entertaining.

Thanks much.

Corey

Hi Corey,
There are some other threads about this topic I recall seeing a few months ago, so you might want to take a quick search.

To summarize my comments, I have a 30 minute show, a 5 minute pause and then the show runs again. That seems to clear out traffic. Some people run shows constantly and I did that 3 years ago. I noticed people will usually clear out when they realize the same song came around that they already heard. Some people run shows on the hour and do just a few per night.

People have just about every configuration there is. It really depends on what your vision is and will the traffic handle your vision. Try it with what you want your show to be first and then adjust as neccessary.

For me, I have 8 shows about 7-8 minutes. A new show plays on every quarter hour with music and mostly static lights in between. The music between shows does not repeat all night. This mix of music and variety of the show helps keep my sanity. I would go bonkers listening to the same 4 or 5 songs repeating over and over all night.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

I would go bonkers listening to the same 4 or 5 songs repeating over and over all night.

Bonkers? gee, I would never go bonkers listening to the same set.
(not admitting that in the back of the mind is the sound of...
Bomp... bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp... bomp bomp... bomp, da da da da )

If you can name that tune.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Bomp... bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp... bomp bomp... bomp, da da da da )

If you can name that tune.

If I had to take a guess it would be WiW?

I have an agreement with my FD that I when my show runs it will only run twice an hour and the show is 15 mins long. This will only be on peak nights or if the traffic appears to be running heavy. Since I am on the main street with the FD only 3 blocks away they want to keep the traffic moving through the neighborhood.

If you have a FD close to you, you might want to take that into consideration on how to move traffic and run your show. Who knows, it might be your house they might have to come to...:P