Light-O-Rama Forums

P5 Panel

Timothy

Is there anyone that can give me some advice on adding in a P5 panel? I know I need the panel itself, a raspberry pi and some sort of bridge. Money isn't a big issue and am looking for some advice on what to order and how to get it up and running quickly.

I have a P5 matrix and a P10 matrix.  Both are used as TuneTo signs for the most part.

As far as LOR is concerned, it's just an E1.31 device.  At this time, the only way to drive a P5 or P10 matrix is with Falcon Player (FPP).  FPP runs on either a Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone single board computer.  Attached to the computer running FPP is an interface board that converts the data from outputs on the FPP computer to the HUB75 format that the panels use.  The FPP computer gets E1.31 data, and translates it to something that the panels can understand.  This is the EXTREMELY shortened version.

For a more detailed discussion (and you will need it), a phone call would be far easier.  I am more than happy to talk your ear off on the subject.

13 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I have a P5 matrix and a P10 matrix.  Both are used as TuneTo signs for the most part.

As far as LOR is concerned, it's just an E1.31 device.  At this time, the only way to drive a P5 or P10 matrix is with Falcon Player (FPP).  FPP runs on either a Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone single board computer.  Attached to the computer running FPP is an interface board that converts the data from outputs on the FPP computer to the HUB75 format that the panels use.  The FPP computer gets E1.31 data, and translates it to something that the panels can understand.  This is the EXTREMELY shortened version.

For a more detailed discussion (and you will need it), a phone call would be far easier.  I am more than happy to talk your ear off on the subject.

Yes, from what I've researched this is very shortened. Any recommendations on what to buy? As an amazon area manager, this is usually best option for me. (i get things quickly!)

10 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yes, but I need to get to bed.  I'll type more in the morning.

That makes 2 of us. No rush on things, just looking to do something different for Christmas day, we have plenty of time.

That's a useful page.  I think I will bookmark that in my useful links collection...

That page of course is dealing with the hardware side of it.  It's a very complete list and assumes that you have nothing to start with.

I sent you my phone number.  Give me a call and we can go over a lot of details.  I'm at work so I can't really talk extended now, but ideally if you can me after about 6:45 PM Pacific Time.

P5 is 5mm spacing and a P10 is 10mm spacing.  Both are normally 160 x 320mm so 32 x 64 (2048 total) pixels for a P5 and 16 x 32 pixels (512 total) pixels for a P10.  The P5 is better if the viewers will be close to the panel.  The top one is the 4W x 3H P10 and the bottom one is my 3W x 2H P5.

http://www.newburghlights.org/photos/Matrix_panels_hanging_close-up.jpg

Oops, forgot show was running. Started watching a youtube video on building an enclosure. Someone shot me a text....