Light-O-Rama Forums

Youtube problems

thebaronn

Has anyone else had any problem with youtube removing videos due to copyright?

I had 3 of my videos removed but yet I can find the same type of video with the same music elsewhere on youtube?

Any thoughts?

Eric

I have had one bounced. I do not know why either. If yours has been bounced, and others have not, you can chalk it up to fate, a searchbot, or somebody "ratting" you out and purposely targeting you.

You can try to change the descriptions in the title, and see what will happen.

There has been a discussion of this over on PC too.

Thank you, I will take a look.

I had 4 videos yanked overnight.

But u r right, I can find plenty of the same.
Maybe they yanked mine cause it sucked!!!

This seems to have started back in Oct and it is getting pretty bad. It has been discussed on here before I think and on this Halloween forum I am on as well as PC, so it is everywhere....

One lady got her video yanked of her baby crawling that she used to show family. Because the tv was on in the background and you could hear music from the tv that was just background noise they yanked her video. So now she is suing someone for it. It is getting out of control. I think it might just be some random person going around flagging videos.

I don't use BoobTube anyways. I like Viemo, much better quality videos and better size. Gives you options to add titles to your video and in any hex color you want.

I had 2 of the same song in 2 different years that have been up there for more than 2 years. It was funny because one got flagged and then like 2 months later the other one did too. I just disputed it and never heard back again. Just dispute yours and you should be fine.

I too however am done with Youtube. All of my Videos are going to Vimeo now. Besides this year I hope to record my shows in HD.. :(

I've also found the Youtube website these days to be flaky and causing browsers to freeeze...

-Evan

Add me to the list of people with video pulled by youtube. I'll get it switched to Vimeo when I can find the time...

I love how the email offers the services of their library of royalty free music. Like they are missing the point of the video in the first place...

- Kevin