Light-O-Rama Forums

Display full screen video on second screen problem

Kyle Whitaker

I have a new computer this year and it looks like the software has some changes to video display settings.  I display video on the second screen; however, I can't seem to get it to work during show play. When playing using the sequencer it works but during show play it keep displaying on the laptop screen instead of the second screen  Under Sequencer Preferences I have:

While Sequencing - Display videos full screen.

While Playing the Show - Display videos full screen on monitor: DISPLAY 2 (1024 x 768)

It seems like that would be the correct settings.  Anyone have any ideas?

I don't do video but I just ran a quick test and I can confirm the behavior is as you describe. Small window on Mon 1 during show on demand. Fullscreen on Mon 2 during Sequencer playback.

Phil - Thanks for checking.  It worked last year so I don't know if it's the new computer or updates to S5.

So I've tested it out on my "development" laptop and it looks like when using the sequence editor that it plays full screen fine but when using the show player it displays "full screen" but offset way to the right.   Not sure why but this is killing me....

Edited by Kyle Whitaker

Same problem here.... worked full screen for the 1st file, the 1st time only now just a  tiny box. This will not work for my 3d affect. Anyone have a solution.  This is the only reason I upgraded my software  from basic plus to advance. Can I get my $70 back, if it does not work as expected.

A few suggestions...

1. Close as many programs as possible.
  2. Set Windows scaling on the monitor to display the video at 100%
  3. Update your Windows display drivers.