Light-O-Rama Forums

xLights

Timothy

If you go over to the Falcon forum, you will be inundated with how evil LOR is and you should switch to xLights.  However, I see very little reason to make that jump. 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 10:23 PM, k6ccc said:

If you go over to the Falcon forum, you will be inundated with how evil LOR is and you should switch to xLights.  However, I see very little reason to make that jump. 

That's why I asked here. Figured someone would have some insight on it. Since it's free and available for MacOS I checked it out and nope, I think I'll stick with LOR.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:37 PM, Timothy said:

That's why I asked here. Figured someone would have some insight on it. Since it's free and available for MacOS I checked it out and nope, I think I'll stick with LOR.

I have a LED sign that runs Falcon Player and so I use xLights for that - and nothing else. 

You can run it in Bridge mode and play from LOR just fine.  That way you can make it part of the show.  Even if that is just the song title and artist (what I do with my two matricies).  You can run E1.31 with your Advanced license - although sequencing it without Motion Effects of SuperStar would be tough (I use Motion Effects for mine).

Edited by k6ccc
  • Like 1

I have two simple Tune To signs made from P5 panels, run in E1.31   (beagle bones with Falcon in bridge mode) using LOR. (Of course it took k6ccc to help me get it to work couple years ago).