Light-O-Rama Forums

How to truncate an existing sequence

Donl1150

Is there a way to clip an existing sequence?  I have a perfectly good sequence done and would like to create a second version of it by cutting out roughly the first 60 seconds.  I have already used Audacity to create a new audio file with the portion of the song that I want to keep but now how do I cut the sequence file to remove the first 60 seconds?   I know there is a Change Sequence Length function but I believe that removes the back end of the sequence/song only.

Is there a way to remove the front end of a sequence?

Another option is to  use Skew All.   This is better than copy/paste for large number of props because the grids have to be identical. 

1)  Change the media file to the new one, when prompted, don't shorten the sequence yet 

2) use skew all to shift it over 

- you can skew small amounts if your original doesn't line up well. 

3) then use the change sequence length to the shortened size 

Almost all of my songs are shortened versions as many people lose interest after a couple of minutes for the same songs (unless really engaging)

Edited by TexasLights
  • Thanks 1

Thx!  After several tries skewing left then right, I finally got the general hang of it.  Once I got the right direction, I skewed it and got it pretty darn close.  I then shortened the entire sequence.  Now all I have to do is doctor up the front end a little bit and it will be just right.  Great help!