Light-O-Rama Forums

shipping time from LOR?

Philip

HAs anyone had any longer than expected shipping times from LOR in the last few weeks.  I placed as order at the end of October that was supposed to ship within a couple of weeks but I still haven't received it. 

Now I have a great big blank spot in my yard when the new stuff was going to be set up

I guess it depends on what you ordered. BUT you really should contact the help desk or check on your order number they sent you.

Could be your order went MIA

BTW I had my order within 2 weeks on the west coast (zone 8)

Edited by TheDucks

Short answer: Nothing longer than expected. I've ordered two controllers, some dangles, and some SPT in the past few weeks and both orders shipped in less than 10 days. But I had nothing that needed building. You may wish to contact the help desk or click on the "View Order Status" button in your confirmation email.

I got an email from them a few weeks back explaining all the shipping times this year. I believe it said that stuff that needed to be built like a singing face kit would takes 2-3 weeks and stuff like a controller a week or so, but recommended looking at the web page for the specific item for guidance. The email did say you could contact the helpdesk if your item hadn't shipped by the times listed on the item page. I think I got 2-3 emails per order keeping me up to date on the status.

Good luck!

Thanks to Covid and the lack of workers {port staff, truck drivers, parts delayed} everything is taking longer than usual.  I got a CCC-II {Pixie2D} controller my wife purchased me for my Birthday {it actually was delivered ON my birthday}, but usually something like a single controller order, LOR would have shipped it out within 24 hours, but this one took around 2 weeks or so to come in.  I did contact the Help Desk, as I knew there were delays, but figured a single controller wouldn't take very long to get out.   But I got basically the same response about what I and others stated here. 

Problems are: Parts/component delays, there is so much stuff on ships with no where to port to get them unloaded, even if they do have a port, there is a shortage of dockworkers to unload those ships.  We also have a shortage of truck drivers, semi, UPS and FedEx are all having employee shortage issues.   The UPS driver that delivered my controller told me they are struggling even to find temp holiday drivers for this year's delivery of holiday packages.

All of this has created a big mess for everyone, a lot of the manufacturing companies are struggling to get things built, not just LOR, but even the government ones that build parts for NASA Military and others that build consumer items {Game systems, Cell Phones, TV's} even automobile manufacturers are having delays.  

I know, not want what you would want to hear, but there isn't anything we can do about it, except wait patiently.  Your item{s} will arrive, sadly, just not in the time you'd have hoped or were accustomed to in the past.

• The topic was locked