Light-O-Rama Forums

LEDs

thebaronn

Has anyone done any LED shopping at Lowes, or Home Depot?

Last year I purchased about 200 boxes of 50ct of their Home Depot Brand M5 LEDs and this year (so far) I went in to fire off on a bunch more and they dont have them??? I was pleasantly surprised by them and did not have one bad strand last year and so far this year they are all working!!

But where have they gone?

Any thoughts?

Just wondering.

Eric

I had the same experience. It certainly wasn't because they didnt sell because I've cleaned out all the blue ones in two area stores the past two years at full price.

I have noticed that a lot of stores don't carry as much lights across the boards as they use to. Maybe this is result of the bad economy and a lot of stores are forecasting for a slow year and not purchasing as many lights these year or what. I know Garden Ridge normally have a large selection and they are kind of scaled back and what they have is really over priced. I remember last year by Oct you could by boxes of minis for $2 a box and they had tons of them at Lowes. This year they have a very small selection when it comes to lights. Seems Halloween was the same way.