Light-O-Rama Forums

HUB show creation issue

Mark J. M.

An annoying issue has arisen when creating a show using the HUB. I am running S5.6.6 Pro and when creating a show after selecting the sequences for the show, the HUB will unexpectingly exit and close. This occurs when I try to change the order of the sequences in the show using the arrows in the HUB. It does not happen all the time and does not seem to occur using any certain sequence or whether I am moving a sequence up or down in the listing. I have tried different combinations of sequences and numbers of sequences but I can't seem to get the issue to repeat reliably. I am beginning to suspect that the computer might be the issue but I do not know why that would be the case. The only repeated event is that the issue will not happen one the first attempt to create a show. The HUB works for first show creation on initial boot of the computer or after using the computer for some time. It doesn't necessarily happen on the second show but never happens on the first. I am running Windows 10 Home.

Standard advice when weird things happen.

Reboot PC, not sleep or standby or hibernation.

If that doesn't work, uninstall S5. Delete C:\ Program Files (x86)\Light-O-rama, .reboot and reinstall.

This should not touch your data files but you do have a backup, right?

If none of that works, it may be time for a Help Ticket. Guess what they might ask you to do first.

Thank you. I did all but reinstall S5 while troubleshooting. Since it does not happen with consistency, I did not uninstall S5. I will try that and see if the issue reoccurs. It may be a computer issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem if I click too quickly on the move arrows. If you click once and wait for the item to move in the sort order, then click again, you should be able to move your items without issue.

Ditto on the problem.  I learned years ago it is just easier to select the files one at a time in the order I want them to play, so as to not have to use the arrows to rearrange them.

Admin: Note there is a typo on the hub main screen (5.6.0).  It says "Edtior" instead of "Editor".  :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, hasslerk said:

Ditto on the problem.  I learned years ago it is just easier to select the files one at a time in the order I want them to play, so as to not have to use the arrows to rearrange them.

Admin: Note there is a typo on the hub main screen (5.6.0).  It says "Edtior" instead of "Editor".  :)

Ever since I started using a director this season, I have noticed that same problem. Exactly how everyone has described.