Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduling using N2-G4-MP3 Director

RVNorth

First off thank you to Jim and jr for helping me with getting my system working. It is up and running now, however I am avoiding using the Pro license and just using a laptop with the Advanced license with V5.6.6. I will try Pro again after Christmas.

My problem now is timing. I am running a show unattended. I want to turn on all lights at 4pm, then run a 30 minute show at 5 pm which will repeat at 7 pm. The show is the same one and is comprised of 10 musical sequences, 4 of which involve the CCR 12x50 tree. Lights will all come on after the first 30 minute show and remain until 7 pm. And come on again after the 7pm show and remain on until 9pm, then everything shuts off.

With the PC scheduler I can create one show and schedule it multiple times. I don't see a way to do that using the N2-GR Director via the HUB. The N2-G4 manual says I can have up to 8 shows. So I could break everything up into segments, But when I tried to load two scheduled shows with 3 other on off shows around them the director went into INIT when I plugged in the SD card and never came out. I waited 45 minutes.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

I tried running the show via a PC, but if I set sequences to load upon use, I get a 90 second pause while a CCR Tree sequence loads - unacceptable. If I say load all sequences before show starts I get a 5 minute pause when the show starts (since lights were all on and they shut off when the schedule starts it is 5 minutes of darkness) - unacceptable.

I can take the same show and run it on a PC using V4.1.3 And everything works nicely, But I really prefer to use the director.

RV.

Show 01 - 4-5 - All on
Show 02 - 5:00 - 5:30 Consisting of the 10 musical sequences. Set to Run Once, or Every Half Hour. Filler or All On during other times
Show 03 - 5:30 - 7:00 - All on
Show 04 - 7:00 - 7:30 See Show 2 - You will need to create this show again.
Show 05 - 7:30 - 9:00 - All on.

For my commercial clients, I stick in a 9:00-9:30 Show at the end with ALL Off, just to be sure everything shuts off.

• The topic was locked