Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing RGB dumb trees

GeorgeM11

Hello, Ive added 3 new singing face trees with my original (holidaycoro) dumb rgb tree and all have an individual controller box and board       When I plug them all in with cat5 cables they all sing as the lead singer, Do I need individual cat5 cables to each individual box from the computer to run each as its own Singer or am I programing my channels wrong in S4

Tried troubleshooting and looking online and ive missed the fix, im sure its an easy one and im just not seeing it! Appreciate all the help in advance 

Sounds like either all the controllers have the same Unit ID (what the lead singer should be), or you sequenced them all the same

I think my problem is my family bought me these as a gift for the show and decided they liked the HC tree faces better then LOR so im going to have some problems!  
Im working on figuring out how to change the unit ID for each controller so if I figure that out hopefully it works.  I Appreciate the response by you

11 minutes ago, GeorgeM11 said:

I think my problem is my family bought me these as a gift for the show and decided they liked the HC tree faces better then LOR so im going to have some problems!

I also have the Holiday Coro non-RGB singing faces - bought before LOR had their singing faces.  I love them and frankly for the faces I like the look of the dumb LED strings better than pixels because they are much closer together.  Granted that I am locked into the same color for each string...

I have two of the faces and I added three additional channels to each tree (a pink bow, and two multi-color traditional strings that each zig-zag across the tree that are used for instrumental only songs).  That means I have 11 channels each so I ended up with a 16 channel AC controller for each tree with some extra channels (with a few extra channel not used).

• Like 1

I figured it out, I was running it as 27 instead of 30 total channels and started right after eachother instead of 1 31 61 91. I knew it was something on the simple side hahaha.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

I also have the Holiday Coro non-RGB singing faces - bought before LOR had their singing faces.  I love them and frankly for the faces I like the look of the dumb LED strings better than pixels because they are much closer together.  Granted that I am locked into the same color for each string...

I have two of the faces and I added three additional channels to each tree (a pink bow, and two multi-color traditional strings that each zig-zag across the tree that are used for instrumental only songs).  That means I have 11 channels each so I ended up with a 16 channel AC controller for each tree with some extra channels (with a few extra channel not used).

Ill have to check out the LED strings for the tree cause my brother in law may want to do some stuff for his house next year so I can try the LED string and then give him one of the pixel ones I have if so!  The ziz zag and bow idea sound great and unique! I like that alot