Light-O-Rama Forums

Show plays with no lights, just music.

TroyF

Show only plays music, no lights. Sequencer, "Control lights" "on" also just plays music, no lights. The Hardware utility controls lights just fine on Comm port 3. No network issues. I may have changed the Unit ID after creating previews and sequences. Preview props are set to regular. Everything looks normal with no errors. 

3rd year with LOR. Lost all previous sequences from a dead computer. Now, new HP laptop w/Windows 10, LOR v5.6.6 Pro. Just one 16 channel controller CTB 16PCg3 hooked up to dumb LED light strings (nothing smart), USP485.  Network preferences set to Regular, Com 3, 57.6k.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Never mind. After much trial and error, resets, reading, etc. I figured it out. In Preview Design, My prop definitions, Unit ID's and Start Circuit's were all messed up. Now, all Unit ID's = 01 (for 1 controller) and Start Circuit/End Circuit now = the channel ID. Everything now working how it should. 

Figures something I did a month ago to get rid of Channel conflicts messed me up now. In Prop Definition, Channels, WHY is it called 'Unit ID" and Start Circuit"? Seems it should be called "Controller ID and "Channel number" 

Unit ID is pretty much standard, and remember that for RGB, that channel listed is just the first channel (or starting channel) of three or many channels, so "Channel number" would only make sense for single channel items.  Also, there are many LOR controllers that have more than one Unit ID (almost all of the pixel controllers), so using the term "Controller ID" would be nebulous whereas Unit ID defines not only the controller but which output port of that controller.