Light-O-Rama Forums

Best FM Transmitter with RDS

PostmasterX

Looking ahead to next year:

I've seen a few posts talking about transmitters and settings, but I was curious if anyone has any recommendations on FM Transmitters with RDS? 

I've used the Whole House Transmitter the last few years, which has worked fine paired with a director placed in my yard. This year I added a 2nd network and moved everything to my desktop. The transmitter is having issues going far enough to the street. I have an old 30' TV antenna on the side of my house I was wondering if I could repurpose to extend the range? Then I started looking into those doing RDS and thought about upgrading next year?

I looked into doing RDS a few years ago.  At that some someone pointed out that if your sequencing is good, people will not even see the RDS display.  I will concede that it was fun researching what I would need to do to make RDS work.

51 minutes ago, basis21b said:

I looked into doing RDS a few years ago.  At that some someone pointed out that if your sequencing is good, people will not even see the RDS display.  I will concede that it was fun researching what I would need to do to make RDS work.

That is a great point. The research has been interesting.