Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation sequence.

mjdamico23

I usually have my 4 Tune To signs on controller 2.13 - 2.16 in an animation sequence. I quadrupled check every sequence and there are no lights running/programmed on those channels. But when songs play, they are playing to something. Quadrupled check they were plugged in to controller 2.13 - 2.16. They are in animation section on show editor. What am I missing? Do I need to show 2.13 - 2.16 in sequences for these to work?  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Make sure 2.13 - 2.16 do NOT appear in the Preview for your main show. Otherwise, you will have conflicts, as two sequences running at the same time would be sending commands. (And make sure that ONLY 2.13 - 2.16) appear in your Animation show.

You will need two preview.  One has ONLY your TuneTo signs that gets used for the background sequence.  The other Preview will be your "normal" sequence that has all the rest of your channels - and DOES NOT include the four TuneTo signs.

Just to expand a bit further. The Tune To channels cannot even be present in the sequence. Not blank, Not there at all.

I was just going to make a post about the same or similar problem I think. I have been trying to run this candle sequence as a background. So I have 7 of the box store candles. So last year I added a controller # 23. I made an animation sequence called candles using channels 23 - 1,2,3,4,5 to light the tops and as I recall they worked fine last year. So this year I put lights in the bases and used 23 - 8,9,10,11,12. I cannot get the bases to light during a show, but if I run the sequence by its self everything works fine. But I also have these channels in other sequences also. So am I understanding right that you cannot have 2 different sequences using the same channels? I am using the same preview for both, from above that does not work. This is on my aux B south side of house. The aux A north side of the house has the first 2 candles on it and they work fine. So I am a little confused here about my problem but sounds similar to mjdamico23 problem above. Does this fit that also?

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by Wayne K

Let's put it this way ... if you have sequences running at the same time (via Background, Animation or Musical tabs) that have the same ID's in it (Controller 23, Circuits 1,2,3,4,5) then the controllers will have multiple sets of instructions hitting them at the same time.

Yes, turn on. No turn off. Yes, fade up.. no fade up to only 50%, but then fade down. No, then twinkle, but fade up. Yes, fade up and twinkle, but then turn off and then shimmer.

Is that sentence confusing? It's what your controller would be hearing from two different sources.

Don

Thanks for the info

I think I know what I have to do to make it work now, I have to go into my (all on before show starts Static ) sequence and remove the candle channels in it. The reason I done a candle sequence is I leave it run all night after everything is done. The flicker sequence I have actually makes them look close to real candles along my sidewalk.

I even changed a controller out this morning trying to figure this out thinking it was bad.   Never even thought about conflicting channels.

Thanks Again for the info

Wayne

Edited by Wayne K
  • Like 1

My tune to channels are not assigned in any sequence so they theoretically dont exist. When you say preview, do you mean the sequence itself?

mjdamico23

I am not sure if this will help you or not. I have one animation sequence with 2 channels in it # 1 for listen to the lights and # 2 tune to 96.7 That is all this sequence has in it is those 2 channels. I call it background sign. So in show editor I run this as a background sequence. So in this sequence this is the only place in all of my sequences those 2 channels show up. None of my other sequences have these 2 channels in them.

I also do not have the 2 channels in any preview windows. I call the preview window what you see when you click on the little film icon in the tool bar.( not 100% sure on this, but that is what I call it, if someone told me to open a preview that is what I would do, even though it is called view animation)

Wayne

Background Sequence.  Just those Channels. Nothing else.  Have their own Preview which has JUST those channels and their settings.

Musical sequences, have their preview and neither the Preview or the musical sequences can have the sign channels in them.

The Preview is the window which shows the display and has all the config settings for the props.

4 hours ago, mjdamico23 said:

My tune to channels are not assigned in any sequence so they theoretically dont exist. When you say preview, do you mean the sequence itself?

In S5, you use a Preview to set your layout and channel configuration.  If a prop is in the preview, the show player will send commands to it - including OFF.  You can have multiple previews. Each sequence gets assigned to a preview when it is created and can be changed later on.  So in this case you would need at least two.  One ONLY has the four channels for your TuneTo signs, and the other has all of your show EXCEPT the TuneTo signs.  Use the TuneTo only preview for the background TuneTo only sequence, and the other preview for all your "normal" sequences.

Note that you can have as many previews as there is a need for, and over time you will accumulate more.  I just checked and currently I have just over 2 dozen preview.  Starting off with a 2018 Halloween and a 2018 Christmas.  Same for 2019, 2020, and 2021.  Then there are four more for my year round landscape lighting (need four for this exact reason - some group of channels that can't be in the main preview).  Then a couple for just one or two props (mainly for importing sequences from other sources), and a couple of test previews.

Thanks everyone for the help, I was unable to fix it, So 2 of them are plugged into outlets and the other 2 are going with the music.  Hopefully I can get it figured out as I learn S5.  Merry Christmas!

Might be useful to have one of us remote into your computer and work with you to figure out the issue.  If you would like me to do that, install TeamViewer on your computer ( https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/download/windows/ ), and send me your phone number via a private message.