Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Faces not working

Joe V

I upgraded to S5 and behind on things, so I thought I would try the new faces. (Pixie2 controllers advanced)

I downloaded a purchased one LOR sequence installed it played then installed the FACE file. It works perfect on the playback window. 

I go to control the lights, everybody is talking but I am only getting ONE bulb to actually display. No outline. no star etc just the individual bulb that is on the channel, not the entire string.  When the control is for the outline is "on" only one led is on, not the 30 plus or whatever its attached to on the channel, I know I'm missing something but I thought this should work out the gate from LOR store. I'm confused. 

If this was discussed already I haven't found it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1- If you press the white button in the controller do all lights work? 

2- What is your Network speed?

3- Any other controllers on the same network?

4- Ensure the Unit ID is the same face you are looking at in the sequence. Eldin 30, Felix 32, Ralphie 34 and Zuzu 36. Remember not all sequence will have 4 singers.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I am using hallelujah from LOR. Yes all four controllers work. 500k speed. Yes the units are assigned to the correct IDs, I even moved them to the older CB100 boards and the same thing happens.

11 minutes ago, Joe V said:

I am using hallelujah from LOR. Yes all four controllers work. 500k speed. Yes the units are assigned to the correct IDs, I even moved them to the older CB100 boards and the same thing happens.

Are you sure you installed the controllers to the correct faces and the lights to the correct ports?

" I even moved them to the older CB100".  Whats that mean? 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

The CCB 100 are the versions just before the ribbons came out. 1st gen LED I think? They act the same as the pixie 2. These are 5 volts not 12. 

However the pixies are set internally to operate the faces so if you set them up correctly they will not function correctly.

JR

9 minutes ago, Joe V said:

I figured it out.... thanks for the help

Please share just in case another user happens to have the same problem and uses the search so that it may help them.

JR

In HU the unit ID must be configured to props (under the advanced tab of the cosmic color/Pixie configuration items)

Open HU, find your ID, select config, select cosmic color/ Pixie config, advanced, props drop menu. Boom. Works.

Just now, Joe V said:

In HU the unit ID must be configured to props (under the advanced tab of the cosmic color/Pixie configuration items)

Open HU, find your ID, select config, select cosmic color/ Pixie config, advanced, props drop menu. Boom. Works.

Yup and you shouldn't have had to set anything else. Its all calculated internally.

Glad you got it.

JR

I am new to using singing faces (4) this year so I purchased sequences from LOR store and all faces are doing the exact same thing at the exact same time.  I can't seem to find where I went wrong on a setting.  They are all copying the lead singer (30) and in HU I cant get the others to show up.  It is showing all of my controllers but 32-34-36.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Edited by tandrews
added more info to questions

I feel your pain. So the props are not in the HU props drop menu? 

Just checking but you did change the max ID  to like 40 or better, right?

You are correct they are not in the drop menu.  
Yes it is set to 89 as I have a pixel tree working as well. Any other ideas of what else I could have missed?  Thanks for the help!

10 hours ago, tandrews said:

I am new to using singing faces (4) this year so I purchased sequences from LOR store and all faces are doing the exact same thing at the exact same time.  I can't seem to find where I went wrong on a setting.  They are all copying the lead singer (30) and in HU I cant get the others to show up.  It is showing all of my controllers but 32-34-36.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

I would suggest plugging your units in one at a time. If by chance the are all set to the same unit ID it will only find one of them. Eldin is unit ID 30, Felix 32, Ralphie 34 and Zuzu 36. If you get those controllers mixed up the face that they attach to will look off because they all use a different number of nodes for the outlines and toppers.

You say "all controllers". Always best to add one at a time and once all set up you can then try to search for all on the network. This will help identify any problems as you go.

In Prop Def it is just as easy to make similar mistakes. Since you have all 4 download all 4 of them from the LOR site and dont have to change anything.

JR

and once you figure out which controller is which: Mark them (sticker, you might want to change later)

Same goes for USB adapters. My red ones are AuxA,AuxB,AuxC (currently used for testing only). I only have 1 black, so I did not bother

That worked bringing them in one at a time and setting them up individually first.  As soon as I did that it all came together!  Thanks so much for the help!

• Like 1