Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3 Director will not play S5 programed groups

Obejohnknobe

Hello everyone,

Have the Gen 3 version MP5 Director/S5 software and having a weird issue.  Upgraded to the new S5 software and have the latest version that came out a month ago (estimate).  Transferred all of my sequences from S4 to S5 and made some new songs with the S5.  On the software, made all of my channels into groups as well as a whole house group (Thanks to Jim Massey!) and can switch between channels and groups if needed.    Everything is a breeze now until tonight.  I loaded a Thanksgiving show ( 1 - 2 minute animation and 1 song) from the Hub to an SD card and installed it into the MP3 player.  All cards synced up, MP3 plays at the correct time and...... nothing.  I do get sound coming out of my audio amp for the song program in and have it also connected to the Transmitter.  Can play it thru the receiver and sounds good.  The only thing that will light up is the flood lights (RGB) and it is only for about 5 seconds for the song. 

Checked all cables with cable checker as well as connections to the cards.  All checked good.  I looked at the software and noticed I had all of the animation and song were programmed in a group (leaping arches group, Eves group, porch post group, sign group and RGB Flood light group.  Except for about 5 seconds in the song where I had individually programmed each flood light for a duration of 5 seconds.  Is this a problem with the Gen 3 MP3 player using S5?  I used the MP3 player last year with S4 and no issues.

Good thing I am getting to this now instead on my showtime date.... LOL

The Force is not With Me right now,

John

I am having issue’s with the g3-mp3 director as well with s5 software. I’m getting some weird displays on the director.  One that looks like yair ( wait) and a (verified dash, n, vertices dash, e or b). It doesn’t register my s5 sequences. Hardware utility doesn’t find the director. My issue has been turned over to light o Rama engineer.  

• Sad 1

I did find updated firmware for the MP3 in LOR support on their website and updated the G3-MP3 Director.  The lights did work but not sure to what extent...... was OD on turkey and too tired to trouble shoot and check.  Will keep you updated (by this weekend) to see if it all works.  Have you updated your firmware on the MP3 to see if that is the problem????

John

I did update my firmware, however the hardware utility still wouldn’t communicate with it. I’ve ordered the N4. So I’ll have a back up if I can get this one working. I will keep you posted on what the engineer says. 

Bradley

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, this is really weird.  It was not the MP3 Director, it was human error..... It appears, I put an incorrect ID in the S5 software and it trampled all over many props when in play mode with the Director.  It also did not help I had 2 IDs on the LOR card that were incorrect also causing havoc.  I have 2-Pixie 4s, 2-Pixie 8s, and 2-Pixie 16s as well as CMB24 and a CTB16.  Have a list of all  hexadecimal and corresponding numbers to put into the software and hardware.  Just got distracted with what I was doing.

After correcting everything, it is working like a charm...... I just got introduced to something called PEBKAC according to Phil M. "problem exists between keyboard and chair".   I am used to the term ID 10 T errors (IDIOT) when it comes to electronics.  I try to admit to my mistakes and own them.

Hope you had better luck Bradley

John

• Haha 1

Glad you got that fixed.  I opened up my new director today only to find out nothing was wrong with my original. The display I was seeing only meant the director was initiating. That display code was in the new directors manual. I now have a spare. Good times.  

thanks for the update 

Bradley 

• Like 1