Light-O-Rama Forums

Using mixed props and getting everything to work

Timothy

So in my show I have a 16 Channel controller all with LED string lights and I also have a Pixie 4 controller. I can get the AC portion to work just fine but I cannot get the Pixie4 to work. I checked the unit ID and it's set correctly and match up just fine. I am also using 2 485 units, one is high speed and one is not.

When I run the hardware utility and auto configure it goes to comm port 6 but the AC controller goes to comm port 5. Is this what my problem is? If so what do I need to do to get everything to work? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Timothy

First thing.  NEVER EVER touch the Auto Configure!

Second.  Unplug both USB to RS-485 adapters.  Then start the Windows Device Manager and expand the section on Ports.  Plug ONE of your USB adapters in, and you should see an additional Comm Port assigned.  Note which Comm Port that is and which USB adapter it is.  Next plug the other USB adapter in and you should see another Comm Port get assigned.  Again, note which Comm Port and which USB adapter.  Now you KNOW which CommPort is which USB adapter.  Lastly, Open the LOR Network Preferences and assign the Comm Ports to the correct LOR networks.

Now you should be able to open the Hardware Utility and MANUALLY select the Comm Port and scan the network and find the AC controller on one network and the Pixie on the other.

Again, NEVER EVER touch the Auto configure!

I still can't get the arches to light up. Here is the network settings:

image.png.b56dcb33eb31b833e10b3c7ae3f7b6d0.png

And here is how I have the props set up:

image.png.b29734ecce8c2b2f5d252fd8e18fe6dd.png

They're lighting up in the sequence. I don't understand why it isn't working. Did I set the prop up incorrectly? The pixie is communicating with the computer as it has an on steady light.

4 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Not that it matters, but why are your two networks Regular and AuxE (AuxA would be more common)?

No particular reason. I had bought a sequence and that's what the arches were set to. I had them working but now they're not. Not sure what happened but I'm going to walk away for a little bit before I punch this computer into little pieces.

1 minute ago, Timothy said:

I could a little while ago then not. Looking in HU, the unit number went back to 1 again. Not sure why it did that.

Turn OFF all ID switches, THEN use HU to set ID.  Switches get read every power up. 0 means look at stored value

6 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Turn OFF all ID switches, THEN use HU to set ID.  Switches get read every power up. 0 means look at stored value

That's what I did the first time. No idea how it reverted back.