Light-O-Rama Forums

Two RGB ribbons as one in SE5

SparkArk

I’m not sure if this is more of a software question or more how the RGB ribbons are configured ahead of time. But I have a CCRII controller with two ribbons hooked up. I have those two ribbons being used across a section of my house. One ribbon is fully used/visible. One is only about 1/3 used/visible.

I’m trying to get SE5 to treat these as if they were one long ribbon rather than two separate ones. The preview window kind of shows it right. But rather than having to program them separately, I would like to program that side of the house as one. I hope that makes sense.

You can make a prop group consisting of only those props you want to use. I have 2 CCR ribbons that make 4 arches and I have all four in one prop group and this group treats all four as one prop. If I read your post right this will work for you. 

Yeah, I tried that and while in theory, that makes sense, it doesn't quite accomplish what I'm hoping I can do. I want to essentially treat the two ribbons as if they were soldered together and were a continuous chain of pixels. Like, if I do an effect that sends light from left to right like the "Bars" effect, I'd like to see it continue the effect onto the next string rather than having to program each string independently. When I add the group in SE, it still gives me an effect row for each string of lights. I'd like to see if there's a way it can see it all as one string. In other words, I'm not trying to copy effects from one to the next, I'm trying to continue them.

Your going to have to be more specific in the type of effect you are trying to Accomplish. I just got finished doing exactly what you described in your post. Here I have 6 pixels start on one end of my 4 CCR arch (25 Pixels per arch. 2 CCR 50 pixel strip) and leap through all 4 as if both CC Ribbons are one. I accomplished this using a prop group of the 4 arches and set the arrangement window to "Use Preview" and set the res to High Res. I use the Scanner ME to accomplish this effect.

It's working! Thank you so much. I tried messing with the prop group before but surely messed something up because it didn't work like it is now. Really appreciate you sticking with me on this! Have a good one.

-AA

6 hours ago, SparkArk said:

It's working! Thank you so much. I tried messing with the prop group before but surely messed something up because it didn't work like it is now. Really appreciate you sticking with me on this! Have a good one.

-AA

I knew you would get. Have a great Holiday season and be well.

Kenny