Light-O-Rama Forums

Message saying I've used all 5 licenses

Tim Storey

I use version 4.4.16. Over the years I've crashed several computers, so I only have 2 left that I use. One for sequencing and the other older one to run the show. That one crashed, so I downloaded the software on another older one. I got the message that I already have software on 5 computers and that I needed additional license. The only thing I found on LOR website is to buy a new license for the new computer. Is there a way to remove a device from the license? If not:

1. Is there a way that I'm missing to just add additional devices to my existing license?
  2. Worse case scenario, I buy a new license. So, I'll have one license on sequencing computer and another license to run the show. Will that cause a problem?

My main concern is not cost, it's time. I was in the middle of configuring my controllers when the show computer crashed. I created a ticket at LOR but no telling when I'll get an answer. So if the quickest fix is to buy another new license and if  it will let me program on old license and run show on the new one, I'll do that. 

Cancel that question. Help desk just emailed me that they added 4 more seats to my license. That was way faster than I thought. 

Thanks Don, I just saw it.