Light-O-Rama Forums

Help adding Pixie 4 box!

Joe M

I need help!  I have 2 16 channel boxes, a 6’ pixel tree (16x25) with its box, and 8 pixel spots.  All of this worked with a mini director.   I tried to add a pixie 4 box for 3 mini pixel trees, each with 100 lights (2 strands of 50) and have the following problems: the only way I could get all 100 lights one just one tree to work was to use two of the 4 channels.  I also the upgraded to a N4-G4- MP3 director (thinking this would help and it didn’t). If I try to have one pixie channel for the 100 lights only some will work. All of my sequences are at the highest pro level- and I have no idea how to fix this.  I am not good with the “lingo”.  I need someone to tell me in plain English what to do!  

On 11/21/2021 at 2:29 AM, Joe M said:

I need help!  I have 2 16 channel boxes, a 6’ pixel tree (16x25) with its box, and 8 pixel spots.  All of this worked with a mini director.   I tried to add a pixie 4 box for 3 mini pixel trees, each with 100 lights (2 strands of 50) and have the following problems: the only way I could get all 100 lights one just one tree to work was to use two of the 4 channels.  I also the upgraded to a N4-G4- MP3 director (thinking this would help and it didn’t). If I try to have one pixie channel for the 100 lights only some will work. All of my sequences are at the highest pro level- and I have no idea how to fix this.  I am not good with the “lingo”.  I need someone to tell me in plain English what to do!  

First ensure there are NO jumpers on pins JP3, JP4 or JP5. 

JP2 can have a jumper

Turn Off all dip switches and then watch the video below.

JR

50 minutes ago, Joe M said:

JR thank you. All I need to know now is what a jumper is and wha t JP 3,4,5 means!

Little plastic (looks like a clip) that would be used to place on 2 pics to connect them. If you look at the controller you will see metal pins sticking up. Thos are pins and they have numbers JP next to them.

JR

Hi JR- I followed the video and was able to get the controller set up and testing properly.  However- when i plug it into the sequences- I still only get 50 lights per channel and only on 2 channels (this is a Pixie 4 that I need 100 lights per channel- I was able to get this successfully tested and all channels worked properly.  I am thinking I am still missing a step or 2 and need to change the sequences somehow.  I am very confused by this since when I play a sequence, I do get 50 lights on 2 channels to follow along- so I have no idea what I need to add or how.  Any advice, ideas, or additional videos I can watch that would help?

Thank you again for your patience!

Joe

31 minutes ago, Joe M said:

Hi JR- I followed the video and was able to get the controller set up and testing properly.  However- when i plug it into the sequences- I still only get 50 lights per channel and only on 2 channels (this is a Pixie 4 that I need 100 lights per channel- I was able to get this successfully tested and all channels worked properly.  I am thinking I am still missing a step or 2 and need to change the sequences somehow.  I am very confused by this since when I play a sequence, I do get 50 lights on 2 channels to follow along- so I have no idea what I need to add or how.  Any advice, ideas, or additional videos I can watch that would help?

Thank you again for your patience!

Joe

Each PORT on Pixie is an ID. You set Port 1 with HU and the rest are inherited.

eg you set your Pixie to ID: 07 and port 2 is 08, port3 09, port4 0A

Your sequence (prop design) needs to be set to use 100 Nodes on Each Port ID, You can't fix a 50 node/port sequence with HU 

I'm still using S4, so I can't help with the fixing sequence.

Thanks for the info- makes sense.  I guess I   am trying to figure out what part of the sequence this is following since it does the 50 lights per channel- and I need to change that and then find a way to tell it to use one channel with 100 lights, and then duplicate that with 2 more channels. 

20 minutes ago, Joe M said:

Thanks for the info- makes sense.  I guess I   am trying to figure out what part of the sequence this is following since it does the 50 lights per channel- and I need to change that and then find a way to tell it to use one channel with 100 lights, and then duplicate that with 2 more channels. 

PORTS, not channels.  Each Bulb is 3 channels.  Yep, it is kinda hard to wrap your head around Pixels after doing AC, where a Port IS a channel.

Why not visit tonites Zoom Room, there will be folk there that not only talk S5, but Pixies

Maybe I can re-explain what I have done.  Last year I had the mini director with the plug and play set up and the TSO SD disk.  This year I wanted to change it up and purchased a bunch of pre-made LOR sequences- and tried to add a small 4 channel pixel box for 3 mini pixel trees that I would create- each with 100 lights.  Not knowing what to do- I just plugged in the new box and expected it to run with the others.  Everything runs fine- except the pixie 4 box- it will only run 50 lights on two channels.  So, in essence, I can only run one 100 pixel tree (the third and fourth channel don't work).  Now when I play the pre-made sequence on my computer (I guess this is called the preview) it shows a ton of stuff that I don't have.   I simply cannot figure out how to figure out what parts of the sequence are running what boxes.  If I could figure that out, I could, I assume, then tell it to use 100 lights per output, and then duplicate the information for the other 2 pixel trees.

I understand that I am probably using a ton of the wrong terms- and I am getting exceptionally frustrated!  I did what JR explained in the video and everything tested out fine.  But again, I do not know where to go from here to get this working in the sequence.

Joe

50 minutes ago, Joe M said:

Maybe I can re-explain what I have done.  Last year I had the mini director with the plug and play set up and the TSO SD disk.  This year I wanted to change it up and purchased a bunch of pre-made LOR sequences- and tried to add a small 4 channel pixel box for 3 mini pixel trees that I would create- each with 100 lights.  Not knowing what to do- I just plugged in the new box and expected it to run with the others.  Everything runs fine- except the pixie 4 box- it will only run 50 lights on two channels.  So, in essence, I can only run one 100 pixel tree (the third and fourth channel don't work).  Now when I play the pre-made sequence on my computer (I guess this is called the preview) it shows a ton of stuff that I don't have.   I simply cannot figure out how to figure out what parts of the sequence are running what boxes.  If I could figure that out, I could, I assume, then tell it to use 100 lights per output, and then duplicate the information for the other 2 pixel trees.

I understand that I am probably using a ton of the wrong terms- and I am getting exceptionally frustrated!  I did what JR explained in the video and everything tested out fine.  But again, I do not know where to go from here to get this working in the sequence.

Joe

Shoot me a PM with a cell number and a time window to call tomorrow. I will try to contact you in your window and if i get busy will at least text you.

JR