Light-O-Rama Forums

Troubleshooting- RGB lights work, regular lights don't

Steve28

I have a show with a 16 channel controller connected to a Pixie 16.  I use a mini director so everything is on an SD card.  I'm using S5 software.

Problem is, the RGB lights on the pixie (and the music) work but the regular ones don't.  They seem to turn on randomly and don't work with the music.  Everything looks good in my preview.  Do I need the two types of lights to be on different networks?  The SD card was done in enhanced mode with 500k speed.

If you don't have a Green LED in your ( proves it is Gen3) AC controller, then you can't have it on an Enhanced network (or 500K)

I have a green light.  Unit ID for the 16 channel controller is 1, for the Pixie it is 11-20.

Can I run both types of lights through the same show director?

Use the Hardware Utility and do two things.  First, confirm that the lights on 16 channel controller work correctly from the HU.  Also confirm what the firmware version is on the 16 channels controller.  I have a vague recollection that the really old Gen-3 controller firmware needs to be updated in order to run on a enhanced network.

I don't have a G3 AC CTB16PC, but I do know Jim is correct, you need to update to the latest firmware for it, or it won't run enhanced or at 500K speeds.

Also, for your Pixie 16 you are showing the ID number s as 11 through 20, that's only 10 unit ID's, the Pixie 16 uses 16 ID's, so you should have the following ID's in your sequence for it:  0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1A.  All ID's ARE in hexadecimal, NOT decimal, 

So if you gave it a starting ID of 11, that would be ID #16 in decimal.  If you want it to have a starting ID of 11 decimal, then that would start at 0B.  As what I typed in hex above {0B through 1A} is 11 through 26 in decimal, which would be the 16 channel ID's assigned to the Pixie.   If you used 11 for the starting ID, that would actually be ID #17 in decimal.

ALL controllers use the hexadecimal numbering system for their ID assignments.   Only reason I brought this up since you said your Pixie 16 uses ID 11-20, so not sure if you actually used the correct numbering system to set it up, like you think you did.

Edited by Orville

17 minutes ago, Orville said:

Also, for your Pixie 16 you are showing the ID number s as 11 through 20, that's only 10 unit ID's, the Pixie 16 uses 16 ID's, so you should have the following ID's in your sequence for it:  0B,0C,0D,0E,0F,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,1A.  All ID's ARE in hexadecimal, NOT decimal, 

Yes, they are in Hex, so 11 - 20 is correct - 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, & 20.  Unit IDs in LOR are ALWAYS shown in hex.  NOWHERE is decimal used.

19 minutes ago, Orville said:

So if you gave it a starting ID of 11, that would be ID #16 in decimal.  If you want it to have a starting ID of 11 decimal, then that would start at 0B.  As what I typed in hex above {0B through 1A} is 11 through 26 in decimal, which would be the 16 channel ID's assigned to the Pixie.   If you used 11 for the starting ID, that would actually be ID #17 in decimal.

Stop bringing up decimal.  Decimal is NEVER used anywhere in the LOR world for Unit IDs.