Light-O-Rama Forums

Hit the big 65 today.

Orville

Yep, turned the odometer to 65 today, and my wife gave me a couple of nice gifts for my Display, she bought me a Chroma-Cross from Boscoyo Studios and a CCC-II {Pixie2D} Controller for my birthday with the money she's making on doing medical research surveys.  She just started one about a week and a half ago.  Nice to have a great wife that'll spend her money on things she knows I can use or add to my display.  I knew they were coming, actually got the Cross a little early so I could insert the lights and get it set up for this years display, and the controller was delivered this morning.  At least now I can get my 6 HC RGB 10W Smart Floods up and operational in my display as well.

Although I'm not too sure I'm going to be ready for a Thanjsgiving Night start up, we're having rainy days again, started this afternoon and going all the way until Tuesday, which should be rain free {hopefully}.  I've managed only to get my 2 Trellis Arches placed, Ralphie and Zuzu are in position, and I'm still working on stringing and getting the C9 5V strands mounted to my handicap ramp, I've only managed to get 4 strands mounted, although strand #4 still needs 8 more bulbs secured/mounted, then I have 8 more of those to mount along with their controllers.   Other items I still need to place and fixate in place, Waving Santa, Mrs. Claus, small snow-woman, small Santa Mouse and my 4 Noel Candles {blow molds}, then there are still 5 Candy Canes I have to also mount and secure in place, as well as placement of the new Chroma-Cross and its controller.{CCB100D 5V}.  Almost forgot, got to mount the floods too.  Not to mention some other odd and end stuff.  And then I still will have to run the cat5 and power to everything.   So I'm having some serious doubt I'm going to make it for a Thanksgiving start up for this year.  Not with all these rainy days we've been having. :(

But I'm going to sure try, if it's at all possible, I'm hoping I can have everything completed by Thanksgiving Day.  I would be working on things now, but I don't mess with any of this stuff in the rain.  I didn't make it this long by being stupid, but I'm sure there are some folks around here that might probably disagree with that! ROFL

Edited by Orville

65? that was a decade back 🥺

The body did not start cr*pping out until 2 Years ago, when one eye decided to go hard Left and stay (those who have seen me in the Zoom room, probably noticed the Pirate look 😛)

So Orville, may you have many more .

Us babies have to keep the light shows burning. LOL

Lots of great friends, legends and S5 pioneers in this thread.

Happy Birthday Orville

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Gad, I thought I had all my stuff out for placement, and wouldn't you just know, I forgot about some other items I have in a tote and my translucent bells {3}, I use for songs that have a lot of bell style tones in them.   I hate finding things "I forgot" that I needed to put with everything else that is REQUIRED in my display.  Any of you folks ever do that? 

Yep, Old Fart, indeed. LOL     I've been on SSDI since 2009 {officially started on 12/31/2009 due to a lot o work related injuries, as well as failing health {Fibromyalgia, COPD, Asthma, Bad Shoulders/back and neck issues}, along with the hearing{70% loss in left ear, 90% loss in right ear} and vision issues{legally blind} that have also worsened over the last several months, well, that does make it quite the challenge in putting up a display and sequencing songs.  

My neighbors were very surprised to see me putting up mu display, since I was seriously NOT going to do one this year, but between my wife wanting it up, and the neighborhood kids and quite a few adults looking so disappointed I wasn't going to do it, I couldn't help but break-down and get the display up.   If I hadn't of thought about NOT doing a display this year with all the deteriorating medical issues that have cropped up, I'd have already been done.   So, I got myself into this pickle barrel, and will have to do the best I can to get out of it, hopefully in a timely manner.  I told them, display will be up, but in a different format than I've ever used before, but it's coming, just may not be ready by Thanksgiving night,  I usually start my Display at the beginning of Thanksgiving week, on occasion, maybe a week earlier than that.  So, all my neighbors are anxiously awaiting opening night of my new display set up.

U went out to put out the trash can for pickup this morning {Friday} around 4:30AM EST, and it was already drizzling. ):  It's supposed to stop raining for an hour, maybe 2 around noon with no rain, but I really don't think that's enough time for things to dry out and start working again, at least for me.   Sometimes I really hate the "LIQUID" Sunshine state{FloriDUH!} I live in, actually native of the state, born and raised, but at times with what crazy stuff goes on here, I'd prefer to deny that I was ever born here at times! LOL

But I suppose, rain is better than snow?  Can't say, since the only time I was ever in snow was at the age of 2 years old, and I sure don't remember much about it, if anything.

And thanks for the Birthday wishes, everyone.

• The topic was locked