Light-O-Rama Forums

LED light Repair (LED Keeper Pro)

Dr_Aplet

I Just came across this this week, The LED Keeper Pro to repair LED lights.  I have the Light keeper pro but it only works on incandescents.  

https://www.ledkeeper.com/home/

Does it work as good as they say? 

I tested lights in the garage (fine) started hanging and have 2 sets with bad sections.  hopefully this will be the end of that problem.  i do not want to pull them down because they are a wrapped Limb of my big oak tree.  

watch this summary 

The LED Keeper Pro works very well.  I have used one for years.  The package comes with "blobs" that contain a resistor that you can use to replace the failed LED.  If you have a donor string of LEDs you can just cut out the bad one(s) and wire in working ones.  Make sure you get the replacement LED oriented properly as LEDs only allow current to flow one direction. 

I've repaired many strings and bush mesh/matrix types using the LED Keeper. I actually find it easier to use than the original keeper on incans.

• 2 weeks later...

I have it and like it as well.   Very handy for diagnostics and finding the bad bulb.   I've used it both on and off the roof.  :)

I am so glad I bought this handy little device a couple seasons ago.  It has saved me replacing strings, and of course money.  It paid for itself after repairing the second string.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using one for years...ever since they came on the market. I always have a donor string or 2. And yes pay attention to the polarity of the replacement. Once I find the bad one, cut it out and temporary wire in the new one, plug it in, if it does not light, reverse it, check again, if good, solder and heat shrink, your done. 

It does not hurt a good led if you put it in backwards, it just wont allow current to flow. Full wave 50 LED strings have 2 blobs, 1 at the front(male plug), 1 at the middle. They are 1/2 wave rectifieres each which make up a full wave rectifier. 2 groups of 25 LEDs in series. So the anodes in each group will oppose each other.