Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems with Hiliday Sequences.com

jimfitz76

I am having difficulty with the vendor HolidaySequences.com and wondering if other are having similar issues.

I purchased two sequences that are for singing faces.  Both have come jacked up.  I think one was corrupted in the download the other was not mapped properly to the LOR 68 channel, 32 pixel house.  I have been able to fix one of the sequences after a long cut and paste process. The other does not appear salvageable.

I emailed Holiday Sequences requesting a replacement download. After two weeks or so with no answer I resent my request.  I was sent another sequences that I had not purchased as the reply.  A followup email requesting the original purchased sequence has gone ignored.  I see the HolidaySequences.com is a verified sponsor of LOR.  Is this typical of this vendor ?

Most or all sequences you purchase you will have to do copy and paste to make them line up to your specific layout/preview. I've used HS for 95% of all my singing faces and never had a problem and although the channels are never correct on our end , that's what "HE" uses to do to the original sequence.

What singing faces do you have that's causing the issue?

I am having problems with the sequence - Andy Williams -  It the Most Wonderful Time of The Year.  All the mouth movement are off time even when trying to cut and paste.

If they are off you may not be using the exact song version that HS used to create the sequence. Check the total time of the HS sequence and ensure it matches the total time of your mp3. You may have to copy and paste a fraction of a second left or right if the times do not match.'

He also posts a link to the song version that he used to create the file.

Edited by Mr. P

And sometimes if the song or sequence doesn't exactly line up you can "nudge" the sequence left or right. It's right next to the playback section, It does take a little bit of tweaking but worth it.

HoldaySequences.com I use his singing tree faces for mine, for that exact song. As mentioned above, use the music that it was sequenced too, from his site and the link to Amazon. It should work easily. Mine does.

18 hours ago, jimfitz76 said:

I am having difficulty with the vendor HolidaySequences.com and wondering if other are having similar issues.

I purchased two sequences that are for singing faces.  Both have come jacked up.  I think one was corrupted in the download the other was not mapped properly to the LOR 68 channel, 32 pixel house.  I have been able to fix one of the sequences after a long cut and paste process. The other does not appear salvageable.

I emailed Holiday Sequences requesting a replacement download. After two weeks or so with no answer I resent my request.  I was sent another sequences that I had not purchased as the reply.  A followup email requesting the original purchased sequence has gone ignored.  I see the HolidaySequences.com is a verified sponsor of LOR.  Is this typical of this vendor ?

Its probably more typical that someone doesn't understand how the copy paste process works from purchased / borrowed sequences tp their own and or doesn't purchase the music from the link on his site.

JR

I have searched the emails and found only 1 email that you sent me. It had just stated Are the singing tree sequences for light strings, dumb pixels or smart pixels ?  How many channels. 

Please use the audio link that is provided under the video to purchase the correct audio file I used to create the sequence and also as light o rama states to convert the audio to a 128 constant bit rate to ensure the timings are correct. I do recommend audacity which is a free program to convert the audio to a 128 constant bit rate.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me through the website

Thank You

Edited by Holidaysequences
  • Like 1

I have sent a copy of the email requesting a replacement sequence, your reply and my follow up. All sent using the Holiday sequence.com web email address.

Thanks,

Jim