Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Tree Kit Not Working Properly

Lee73

Hi Everyone. I purchased a pixel tree kit with the Pixie 8 controller and have not been able to get it to work properly yet. I have change the dip switches, changed unit ids and all I can get it to do is have one or two strips light up maybe 8 or 9 lights at most. I have downloaded the motion pak and when it lights its doing it in sequence with the music, but only a few lights. 

14 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Hello: I can't get mine working either, i get music but no light flashing, all controls & director are Gen3. Any help appreciated 

Is the Pixie 8 status LED steady?

The Pixie8 controller MUST be at ID 40 (if you use LOR sequences).

Your (other) Sequences must match the Controller ID

Pixie light Steady Red

Pixie controller set to unit id 40

Your (other) Sequences must match the Controller ID: Not sure what your asking me here.

im using LOR showtime central Mini director & transmitter W/ LOR TSO plug & play SD Card W pixel tree Program

Maybe at network problem?

4 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Pixie light Steady Red

Pixie controller set to unit id 40

Your (other) Sequences must match the Controller ID: Not sure what your asking me here.

im using LOR showtime central Mini director & transmitter W/ LOR TSO plug & play SD Card W pixel tree Program

Maybe at network problem?

ID 40 check

Steady LED check (no network cable  issues)

What speed did you set your director to?

Do the light light if you push the test button on the Pixie?

What speed did you set your director to? I have not changed the Director at all'

The Tree light's up when the test button is pushed on the controller, all 3 colors. works testing from the HU as well.

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

What speed did you set your director to? I have not changed the Director at all'

The Tree light's up when the test button is pushed on the controller, all 3 colors. works testing from the HU as well.

Lights <> controller check

That leave the sequence (may not use ID40) or speed (to slow)

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

You have to use the HUB and create the SD card. You must select the proper settings there which would be a speed of 500K and Enhanced.

First check the controller 1- No Jumper on JP3. JP4 or JP5

In HU check logical Resolution - ensure only 50 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

5 hours ago, Norcal said:

Your (other) Sequences must match the Controller ID: Not sure what your asking me here.

If you only buy LOR, sequences then they ALL use the same ID mapping. (because, you can't change the base plug and play version)

If anyone else gave you one,  the chances of them using the same controller ID, Network assignments is slim to none.

You must adjust ID-Network used to match YOUR system layout (My tree does not use the same as JR's tree or Mr P. We all do OUR assignments.

Plug and play only works if you use a single source (or a vendor that clams to match up with your other XYZ sequences)

• The topic was locked