Light-O-Rama Forums

Archived channel not playing

Sam house

I’ve been trying for hours now To fix this. I have 2 songs out of the 10 songs in my show that won’t play one channel.  That channel controls my #10 of 10 mini trees and strobes so I need it!?  I’ve gone back in my preview to make sure everything is correct  with no luck. When playing with the sequence I’ve tried to unarchive this channel which it seems it does but it never gets pulled over to the side bar of channels.  Any ideas why this channel is working for some shows but not others?

2 hours ago, Sam house said:

I’ve been trying for hours now To fix this. I have 2 songs out of the 10 songs in my show that won’t play one channel.  That channel controls my #10 of 10 mini trees and strobes so I need it!?  I’ve gone back in my preview to make sure everything is correct  with no luck. When playing with the sequence I’ve tried to unarchive this channel which it seems it does but it never gets pulled over to the side bar of channels.  Any ideas why this channel is working for some shows but not others?

Off topic:

Strobes do not like to be dimmed. Use the Hardware Utility to set Port 10 DIMMING CURVE to On/Off.This might help keep the magic smoke in if you forget

If the channel is archived, that means that it did not match your preview - most likely when importing an S4 sequence.  There may be a better description of this. 

On  Menu > Sequence > Manage Archived Props

That will show you archived channels and give you options to assign them to correct channels in your Preview.  It's been a while since I had to do that, so I don't really remember the steps, but that is where you manage archived channels.

If you have added a duplicate prop for some reason, the original will be archived. If there is content in the archived prop that you don't want to lose, copy and paste from the archived prop to the new one. At that point you can delete the archived prop.

• 2 weeks later...